How many meals do YOU eat a day?

I know some people think the whole 3 meals a day thing is key but some people will eat 6 smaller meals a day... I'm just curious on how many other people eat and what are they? Example: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.

Replies

• Jaxter888
    Jaxter888 Posts: 21 Member
    Its totally irrelevant... nutrient timing is just a personal preference... calorific deficit, adequate protein and adequate dietary fat is all that matter... 1 meal, 3, meals, 5 meals, 27 meals... eating large brekky and small dinner, not eating after 7pm... not eating hi GI carbs... its all irrelevant... its ALL about calorific diet... that and having enough protein and dietary fat... if you are on a calorific deficit you WILL lose weight... its just science... nothing to do with meal frequency/timing/GI rating whatever.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 339 Member
    My problem was not eating,

(and recent diabetic diagnosis)

So, breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner..

Altho I've been letting it slide this last week, under 800 calories most days and barely any loss on the scales.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    On weekdays:

5:00 Breakfast - 12:00 Lunch - 4:15 Snack - 7:30 Dinner - 8:30 Snack

I'd like to stop being in the routine of having a "snack" (aka dessert) after dinner because I'm never hungry then and sometimes end up feeling stuffed and uncomfortable, but I'm not there yet.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Somewhere between five and six. I'm trying to teach myself how to honor hunger and to recognize satiation--instead of stuffing myself until I feel bloated. Eating small meals is the method that works best for me!
  • I try my best to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks, but I have pretty late hours (collage classes from 6 til 10 pm, and auditions in the evenings) so on days when I sleep in till the afternoon have a horrible habit of just eating all my calories in 1 or 2 sittings :(
    I'm trying to break this by finding a day job, so hopefully that works out but as of now it happens far more often then I'd like to admit...
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Anywhere from 3-5. Sometimes I eat bigger meals, or a late breakfast and don't get hungry for a snack. Sometimes I eat an afternoon snack because I'm hungry. I usually eat a snack after dinner (usually a sweet) because I like to end the day on a sweet note. Basically, it just depends on if I'm hungry or not.
  • I eat 6 times a day, spaced out evenly every 2-3 hours. I carry a bag with me that has all of my "food" if I'm out of the house. Meals take minutes and I'm done. I don't get hungry at all throughout the day. In fact, I setup phone alarms to remind me it's time to eat. It's easy and a no brainer to have all your food ready to go and be reminded of what time to eat it. I've been doing it so long that I'm checking the time to see if it's time to eat yet. Hard to believe that my calories are restricted and I feel like I'm eating all the time. It works for me. However, my friends think it's crazy. What's crazy is how I used to eat.........trading one crazy for another! LOL
  • Butinox
    Butinox Posts: 43 Member
    I eat 5 meals a day, every third hour.

09: Breakfast
    12: Lunch
    15: Dinner
    18: Supper
    21: Late supper/snack
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I eat 2000 meals a day.

They each contain 2 calories.

It keeps my metabolism supercharged.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    3 meals a day and snacks in between. The 6 meals a day thing just doesn't work for me, I never feel full, causing me to snack more and crave sweet things, it's too time consuming and doesn't fit in with everyday life, and just doesn't feel natural to me. so 3 meals a day it is.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Four (about 3 hours apart) plus a bedtime snack.
    Breakfast (8-9AM)
    11sies (from the hobbits in Lord of the Rings) (11-12 AM)
    Lunch (2-3 PM)
    Dinner (after 5 PM)

I used to call them bfast, lunch, dinner, supper.

For a bedtime snack around 9 PM, I like a single piece of dark chocolate candy or a frozen dessert (like a Fudgesicle).
  • I'm a solid 5, no less... early breakfast before my workout, snack, lunch, snack, early supper... then zero, zip, nada, nothing after dinner... it's working for me, 35lbs down and still dropping.
  • Depending on what time I wake up at, anywhere from 3-5 meals.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    7-9 - Breakfast shake-no time for the wicked etc.
    11-12 Passive agressive coffee or some food, like banana or sammich if i feel frisky..
    14-15 Lunch. Something warm or yoghurt
    17-18 Munch . Tea and or some lil snack or shake if its post workout (Cannae lift me hands cos i am that tired, wailywoo)
    20-21 Dinner Warm stuff with some annimal corpse preferably.

So 5 meals most of days, Pavlov's dog reactions enabled by now ,so i just get hungry as heck around that clock.
    Learned to prepair food and take it to work with me <<

I sometimes feast after midnight on warm coco and apple? Does that constitutes as meal?

I work as translator, so lots of down time and co-workers know I get bit of Murderous ***** Syndrome if my tummy wants food. They just let me have my bloody bannana and sit silently.

EDIT: I find it hilariously funny that i mention my occupation in a post full of typos and wonky grammar. :D
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    I differentiate between "meals" and snacks. Usually I have 2 meals and 2 snacks a day. A meal and a snack between noon and 5:00 pm, a meal between 5:00 and 10:00 pm, and a snack after 10:00 pm. I'm a night owl and generally sleep from about 2 am to 11 am hence why I don't eat before noon unless I have to get up early for some reason.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Anywhere between 3-5.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    3 meals, a snack (usually fruit), and desert of some kind even if it's just an apple baked with some cinnamon on it. I tried breaking it up into smaller meals when my husband was away at a school for his job. It didn't work very well, either I had too many calories in the meals or I was hungry and unfulfilled. That was just me though I know a lot of people this (6 small meals) works better for.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    I differentiate between "meals" and snacks. Usually I have 2 meals and 2 snacks a day. A meal and a snack between noon and 5:00 pm, a meal between 5:00 and 10:00 pm, and a snack after 10:00 pm. I'm a night owl and generally sleep from about 2 am to 11 am hence why I don't eat before noon unless I have to get up early for some reason.
    This method might work better for me. I am reallllly bad with trying to eat breakfast. I am not hungry when I get up, at all.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member