30 day shred and 5:2 Intermittent fasting

Options
Has anyone ever done 30 day shred and 5:2 intermittent fasting at the same time? I want to start the 30 day shred after seeing some positive results. I just started 5:2 fasting last week and I am not sure if I can exercise very hard on a 500 calorie day. I normally save my calories for the end of the day when I fast. If you have tried these two together, what are some suggestions?

Replies

• PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? Don't.

I personally will not fast because of the nutritional deficit. 500 calories is NOT enough to exercise and it's also incredibly lower than starvation mode.
    If you "need" to fast than, you cannot exercise especially knowing that you only eat 500 calories a day.
  • feetjustgo
    feetjustgo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was a dedicated JUDDDer (intermittent fasting) for six months in college. I lost a lot of weight, which motivated me to keep going, but I developed incredibly unhealthy habits (eating all the junky food I craved when I wasn't fasting) and felt terrible most of the time. My energy levels and emotional stability suffered the most. I got down to the mid-120s on my 5'8" frame, but I didn't even look good because I was never able to work out regularly while on JUDDD (I felt miserable and weak when I did). Since I didn't build the muscle I needed to maintain my curves, I looked flat and disgusting once the weight came off. I also think JUDDD sets you up to gain most, if not all, of the weight back, because it impossible to maintain your loss without continuing intermittent fasting. I could not stay at that weight while eating a healthy, normal diet. I am currently trying to lose weight again, but I would NEVER go back to intermittent fasting. And even though I am heavier now, I honestly believe I look better and I definitely feel better. I recommend you try to focus on sustainable lifestyle changes like committing to a fitness routine, filling up on veggies and eating less processed food, etc. It takes longer to see results, yes, but it's definitely more kind to yourself and your body.

Best of luck to you!
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was a dedicated JUDDDer (intermittent fasting) for six months in college. I lost a lot of weight, which motivated me to keep going, but I developed incredibly unhealthy habits (eating all the junky food I craved when I wasn't fasting) and felt terrible most of the time. My energy levels and emotional stability suffered the most. I got down to the mid-120s on my 5'8" frame, but I didn't even look good because I was never able to work out regularly while on JUDDD (I felt miserable and weak when I did). Since I didn't build the muscle I needed to maintain my curves, I looked flat and disgusting once the weight came off. I also think JUDDD sets you up to gain most, if not all, of the weight back, because it impossible to maintain your loss without continuing intermittent fasting. I could not stay at that weight while eating a healthy, normal diet. I am currently trying to lose weight again, but I would NEVER go back to intermittent fasting. And even though I am heavier now, I honestly believe I look better and I definitely feel better. I recommend you try to focus on sustainable lifestyle changes like committing to a fitness routine, filling up on veggies and eating less processed food, etc. It takes longer to see results, yes, but it's definitely more kind to yourself and your body.

Best of luck to you!

Totally agree, i used to do this all the time through my younger days and IT DOES NOT WORK LONGTERM best to calorie control and excercise. Cannot comment on the 3DS as never done it.

Good luck in whatever you decide hunni x