What happens if I'm on a night shifts? DO I have to wake up to eat? :laugh:
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    Not sure if serious...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    8:00 pm in which time zone?

that's what I was thinking. Half the population of the world will have to only eat at night :huh: :noway:

ETA: and what about going back in time to warn all the Homo erectuses of this, in order to save the human race. How can we explain the concept of "8pm" to our evolutionary ancestors? :huh: :huh: :indifferent:
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So then what happens when daylight savings kicks in.... *PANIC* X_X
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    This thread is all win.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    drink water 30 minutes to one hour after meals to allow the food be digested in its real state as water dilutes the nutrients.

I just about died laughing.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Now it all makes sense. the intestines are shift workers. Got it.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Will we turn into Gremlins? :laugh:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    lol nothing shuts down at all, most people stop being active at night which is why it is recomended to not eat after a certain time
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can counter this and eat what you want after 8pm as long as you have a sacred Unicorn horn in a 18k gold box.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Does this mean that after work drinking doesn't count as calories?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I can imagine a little crew of men shutting down the intestines with a valve. lol

nawwww... I think they have orange road cones and a barrier that comes down like a rail-road crossing.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Despite the laughs being generated, it has been my experience that if I stop eating at a decent hour such as 8pm, combined with a light cardio workout first thing in the AM, my losses are quicker.

Indeed. If I stop eating at 8 instead of 11 ..I consume fewer calories. THAT should work every time.

Apologies for the sarcasm ..but truly, THAT is the key. Calories consumed over a period of time ..not a "magical" time to stop eating ( or trying to get it in before the intestines clock out for the day) .

However, what u said has merit. You have found what works well for you in regard to your window of eating. And THAT is full of win
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    My biggest worry is - how did this guy get to be a professor?!
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hmm i ve heard about no eating 2 hours before you go to be, but if you work grave or a swing shift that would never work,
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So all those times I've pooed after 8PM must've been miracles if my intestines were shut down. LOL
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My intestines seem to work quite well all of the time, except when I go on a trip. Then they don't seem to work at any time. Must be the little men in charge of turning them off and on go on vacation too!
  • HKSJS
    HKSJS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    But why I poop @ 10 pm! My intestine is a special snowflake

This made my day! lmfao =')
    You sure must be one special guy! hehe
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thats old school closing at 8, my intestine is one of those 24 hour joints, even open all holidays
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My intestines seem to work quite well all of the time, except when I go on a trip. Then they don't seem to work at any time. Must be the little men in charge of turning them off and on go on vacation too!

Me too! A weekend out of town means I might not poop for days. Must be that I forget to pack the Intestine Toll Booth Operators.