gained 2lb :-(

Options
so I get on the scales an **** ive put on 2lb how the hell did that happen, ive been strict in calories an always exercising every day so not a happy bunny right now :-(

Replies

• jennifermarie16144
    Options
    it is probably water weight. I wouldnt stress over it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, your not eating enough. Try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    you just said in another post that you don't drink any clear water. go drink some water and stop stressing. Most people here will tell you weight loss is not linear. When I joined here I gained 1lb, gained another 5 lbs, then lost 4 but my body composition is much better looking now. muscles are looking much more defined. concentrate on what you want to look like more than what you want to weigh.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can gain 2 pound from very little, its probably not a permanent gain! Drink some water to flush sodium out and it'll be gone no prob! Dont get disheartened!
  • DebLark52
    Options
    Agree, it could be water weight. However, I think the calories burned for certain types of exercise seems high. I try to restrict my calorie intake to what it would be if I HADN'T exercised. I've only been doing this program for a month, but my weight loss averages a pound a week. Also, don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. Be sure to measure yourself, in addition to just stepping on the scales. I've only lost 4 lbs, but my skirts are fitting much better than before. And don't forget your water -- you need that to flush out your system. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day -- it really works. Keep up the great work!
  • itzmelaura
    itzmelaura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention to up your caloric intake, but Christianwife beat me to it. Sometimes you will hit a plateau and have to actually eat more to lose weight. Your body will adjust it out. And even though it seems horrific, 2 pounds isn't really that bad! Imagine how much you've lost, and know that you are on the right path to keeping it off! Celebrate the good and work through the "bad". You can do this!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Water retention happens for a number of reasons. Sodium, new exercise routine, time of month, etc. Not to mention normal weight fluctuations. If you are sticking to your calories and weighing/measuring your food, it's not fat so don't stress.

That said, I do recommend the link posted above by christianwife.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is nothing. It seems like everything, but it's really not. Our weight moves around like this naturally, so don't stress. If you're still seeing the smaller measurements (I hope you're doing that too) and your clothes aren't getting tighter, then chalk it up to water weight and don't worry about it. Just drink water and it will go away in a day. :)
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Try eating some good fiber and fresh fruits/veggies. Drink at least 4 cups of CLEAR water a day, and a minimum of 8 cups of liquid a day. From the looks of it, you might be taking in a lot of sodium. Try to eat less processed foods - sodium intake will cause your body to hold onto more water. Drink more water to flush it out. Our bodies weight will change by a few pounds throughout the day, and even throughout the week. I weighed in yesterday at 177lbs, but today I weighed 179lbs when I jumped on the scale for curiosity. This is normal.
  • debbie6868
    Options
    gonna try just drinking water not juice from now on its just you think your doing so well an I over think the whole scales thing
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Stop relying so heavily on the scale. Rely on measurements. The scale is unreliable. Especially around TOM, I've gained up to 8lbs. Within 2 days of finishing, I'm back down.

If you want, though, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Or for a different version to figure out your TDEE, as well as some great advice...check out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844040-raspberry-ketones-for-the-rest-of-us
  • debbie6868
    Options
    NOTE TO SELF STAY AWAY FROM SCALES:laugh:
  • xBethanyJadex
    Options
    Please don't worry about what the scales say Debbie, they can be evil! If you're staying within your calories, eating healthy foods and not eating too much bad stuff, and you're exercising then that 2lbs gained is definitely not fat! It's either just water or you're building up your muscle. Remember muscle weighs more than fat! I really recommend taking your measurements when you weigh yourself, that'll tell you the changes you truly want to see! Don't fret, you're doing brilliantly! Just keep at it, don't give up and you'll have the body you dreamed of in the end! x
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs today after breakfast! Dont stress eat to nourish and move.
  • debbie6868
    Options
    Thanks for input every one decided to weigh an measure myself once a month from now on.
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, I weighed 180 when I went to bed last night. I was 177 this morning when I got up. Figured this will show you that weight change is normal!