30 day shred results - day 8!

Options
i finished day 8 of the 30 day shred yesterday & i can definitely feel the difference, but i really wanted the satisfaction of seeing the difference, so i took some photos this morning... & i have to say, i'm quite pleased with my results!

since starting the 30 day shred on the 13th, i've lost 1.5 inches from my upper waist, 1 inch from my lower waist, half an inch from my thighs & half an inch from my biceps. i've lost in my hips, too, but i think i might have measured incorrectly 'cause according to my calculations, i've lost 4.5 inches & that doesn't seem right (wouldn't my shorts be completely falling off?). but regardless, the shred is definitely helping me shed! ; D i took 3 "rest" days (on the 14th, the 21st & the 22nd), but still did something active on those days, such as going for walks or working out on the elliptical.

when i first started the shred, i had trouble with the modified push-up's (i could barely get back up after doing one or two of them) & i had to break during each jumping jack/jump rope sequence because i was huffing & puffing so badly & my legs burned so much, i just couldn't keep up! & the bicycle crunches? no way, i just couldn't do them for more than a couple of seconds. i also used 5 pound weights the first day & was so sore, i made the 14th a rest day. on the 15th & the 16th, i didn't use weights at all (i was actually able to do all the moves & keep up with them) & since the 17th, i've used weights for the chest flies, dumbbell rows & some of the squat moves. i'm proud to say i can actually keep up with the modified push-up's, jumping jack/jump rope sequences & the bicycle crunches! it's amazing how strong i feel & i'm not even done with level 1!

in these photos, i'm not sucking in AT ALL. i'm literally letting it all hang out. i want the most accurate before/after photos i can possibly manage.

day1-8resize-1.png

day1-82resize-1.png

DAY1-8rightsideresize.png

if you're doing/have done the shred, i'd LOVE to see your results, too! before/after photos are so encouraging!

Replies

• jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nice work. I am doing 30 day shred going to day 3 next and doing HASfit 15 minute insanity cardio workout together so Im sure I will see results soon enough. Im going to day 4 of the HASfit workout tomorrow.
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great results so far! I am just on day 5 of round one for the first time and this is the first day I can actually move. I probably won't take measurements or photos until I am done but I am enjoying feeling stronger and more energetic with each work out.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look great! I finished day 10 of level one yesterday, but I had a lot of rest days due to a chest cold that had me super congested. I've lost inches, but I decided to take "official" measurements and photos when I'm on day 5 of level two, so I don't know how many.
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!!! I've just finished my Shred this morning, and I'm so happy with my results...I lost 9.8lbs, 1/2 inch on my neck, 1 inch on each leg, 2 1/2 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, 1 inch on my chest...and I feel so much better. Not sure how to post pics, but they are on my profile if you want to take a look. How do you post pics on these threads???
  • brittanycochran338
    Options
    Those are awesome results!! Feel free to add me i restarted 30 day shred a couple days ago!!!
  • YankeeMikeHotel
    Options
    Awesome results so far! Awesome tat ! :)
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great. I do 30DS on and off...maybe I should stick to it! Keep up the great work.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nice progress - keep it up :)
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    I was hoping to start tomorrow, but it didn't come in the mail yesterday like it was supposed to. (I know you can get it on youtube, but I just don't see myself being able to coordinate and feel confident with it on the little screen. Maybe it's just an excuse, I don't know!) I hope it arrives tomorrow.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! It's SO motivating!!!
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finished the Shred today...trying to post some pics...here are my results!

2v0bvgz.jpg Day 1
    mkkfme.jpg Day 30

2nnn9.jpg Day 1
    2u8l3d5.jpg Day 30
  • leedebter
    leedebter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great results. Im on day 2 today and your results are very encouraging!
  • affini12
    Options
    Both of you look amazing! I just started today. I actually did it twice today. I hope I have similar results! Congrats!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    oh wow! i started the 30ds 5 days ago and i feel so identified with your story. I feel so guilty when she says," no breaks," and i am breathless on the floor haha but wow, i can see the different. this is an inspiration for my workout!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    excellent results for 8 days! I ordered my copy a few days ago and can't wait to get it and start - I've seen nothing but good results... you look great, keep it up! =)
  • 250mrsb
    250mrsb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 of phase 1 of body revolution and Im quite excited to see my results :) I also quit smoking cold turkey three days ago and am feeling awesome, just having issues with snacking on crap i shouldnt! Awesome results ladies :)
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    those are some good results, I am looking to start in next Month to shed some weight and tone up, and just to challenge myself
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I'm starting soon! I can't wait!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm about half-way through 6 Week 6 Pack but I've completed 30 DS and Ripped In 30 previously. Jillian rocks!

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg
  • melissandra
    melissandra Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    awesome results. I've completed Day 7.. and looking forward to completing the 30 days and seeing my own results.. thanks for the inspiration to keep it up
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    thank you everyone for all the awesome comments & encouragement! it's great to be inspiring & to be inspired.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!