New Healthy Snack Ideas?

Options
Hi

I am looking for new healthy snack ideas. I am currently having either a banana or an apple or some nuts. I also have cearel bars like the 9 bar and naked bars. But i fancy something new! Any ideas for wholesome, filling snacks for the mid-morning/mid-afternoon lull or that those post evening meal rumblings? Thanks :happy:

Replies

• Bxgell2
    Options
    Some of my favorites:
    Baby carrots with light laughing cow swiss cheese or guacamole (preferably Trader Joe's reduced guilt guac)
    Babybelle light cheese with apple slices
    String cheese
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Greek yogurt with lowfat granola and banana slices
    Trader joe's lentil and potato curly chips (31 chips for 130 calories!)
    Hummus with veggies
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    My favorite snack is 2 triangles of Laughing Cow Lite Cheese and 30 Special K Cracker Chips... 180 calories for the whole snack!
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a frozen banana? I put 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on the side, slice up the frozen banana, and dip it in the peanut better ! Yum!
    I love apple slices, sprinkled with cinnamon. (my daughter heats the apples up in the microwave, I like them cold).
    Pina colada smoothie- 1/2 banana frozen, 1/4 cup canned pineapple in it's own juice(I freeze the pineapple), one drop of coconut extract, and ice cubes. Can add low fat plain yogurt, to thicken it up
    1 ounce low fat cheddar cheese, with 7 low fat Triscuits
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am looking for new healthy snack ideas. I am currently having either a banana or an apple or some nuts. I also have cearel bars like the 9 bar and naked bars. But i fancy something new! Any ideas for wholesome, filling snacks for the mid-morning/mid-afternoon lull or that those post evening meal rumblings? Thanks :happy:
    If you like bars try Quest bars the brownie one I eat for a meal or snack attack they are high protein and fiber.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack is sweet bell peppers and hummus. I really like the red or orange ones with crecked red pepper flovored hummus. I also snack on jalepeno string cheese, planters nu-trition mixes, and rice cakes.