Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,425 Member
    Enjoy your vacation Fab! Skiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnny Saaaaaaaturday here we come!!!!!
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    I am in and it will be a challenge we may be going to my brother in laws (oh don't get me started on that one.)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Off to the gym for a while. We are on vacation so second workout will be hiking. Hotel has a breakfast buffet with some healthy choices. My challenges are appetizers and desserts at supper. :embarassed: Last night I indulged and had a few bites of each but ate only half of my entree. Hoping vacation recovery won't be too painful. I am trying to make good choices and get some exercise in. Wishing all of you a wonderful skinny saturday. :bigsmile: Be sure to check in and let us know how you are doing and encourage someoe else!:heart:
    Cheers!:flowerforyou:

Memorial weekend focus: So thankful for the sacrifices made by our soldiers so we can enjoy the freedoms we have. Being ever thoughtful for the famiies who have lost loved ones in their service to our country. Spending time with my son and soldier who was one of the fortunate ones to return from war with sound mind and body. We are so blessed and do not take our freedoms for granted!

Freedom isn't free. Pray for those who serve our country and their families!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Memorial weekend focus: So thankful for the sacrifices made by our soldiers so we can enjoy the freedoms we have. Being ever thoughtful for the famiies who have lost loved ones in their service to our country. Spending time with my son and soldier who was one of the fortunate ones to return from war with sound mind and body. We are so blessed and do not take our freedoms for granted!

Freedom isn't free. Pray for those who serve our country and their families!
    Whenever I see anyone in uniform, I make it a point to walk up to them, shake their hand, and say "thank you for your service". These men and women do what I know I could never do and I'm grateful to them. I'm so glad your son is safe. Please thank him for me. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Fab - please thank your son for me, too. Our soldiers really do sacrifice so much for us! They, and their families, deserve more thanks than I could ever express.
  • Lisa0711
    I've got my harder workout in for today! I did ChaLean Extreme Burn Intervals and Ab Burner. Later I think I'm going the the lake to enjoy this beautiful day and I'll get my second workout in swimming - I LOVE warm weather! I've already got half my water in for a normal day.. so I'm off to a good start!
  • chronosfire
    chronosfire Posts: 52
    I'm in! Weekends are my downfall :(
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    Morning Fab and crew...hope your vacation is going well!

Today is starting off great...I'm not sure if I can double my actual "exercise" today but I WILL be deep cleaning the house today, as well as hopping on the elliptical as usual and then taking my mini to the park. Today is a busy busy busy day!

Happy Memorial Day weekend all...Fab, thank your son for me! My husband is a Marine and he is overseas right now, so I absolutely feel you on the count your blessings part! He will be home SOON to see his hot skinny new wife and his little girl :laugh:

Good luck all :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Good morning all! I've already got my Curves workout done & did a few errands....now I'm out to mow the lawn! Hope everyone is having a beautiful day like it is here in Illinois today! It's nothing but clear blue sky & 80+ degrees! Love love love the outdoors when the sunshine is here!

Here's to Skinny Saturday! :drinker: H20 of course! :bigsmile:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Morning Fab and crew...hope your vacation is going well!

Today is starting off great...I'm not sure if I can double my actual "exercise" today but I WILL be deep cleaning the house today, as well as hopping on the elliptical as usual and then taking my mini to the park. Today is a busy busy busy day!

Happy Memorial Day weekend all...Fab, thank your son for me! My husband is a Marine and he is overseas right now, so I absolutely feel you on the count your blessings part! He will be home SOON to see his hot skinny new wife and his little girl :laugh:

Good luck all :flowerforyou:

Lexi,'
    My prayers are with you and your husband, :flowerforyou: My prayer for our son was that whereever he would go, God would go first. Thisis my prayer for your brave husband and his comrades. Also praying that angels surround his beautiful wife and child and give her peace of mind and comfort while her husband is away. There is no explaining the stress of a parent, spouse or sibiling of a soldier. I know and am in prayer for you. Your fellow won't believe how SMOKIN' HOT is wife is thanks to MFP! Work it girl!:heart::bigsmile:

Thanks to the many who show support for our military. My son has been on the receiving end of these good deeds....bumped up to first class, had dinners purchased for him, handshakes and thank-yous. It is a real blessing to know how much he is appreciated. God bless you for doing this for someone's else's son or daughter. Don't we live in a great country! :smooched: :heart:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Yup - my day is done and I'm at 1100 calories - woo!

Breakfast: Strawberry/oat/vanilla unsweetened almond milk smoothie
    Lunch: whole wheat homemade sub with ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato and mustard and 2 cups of watermelon
    Dinner: burger, sausage (both Blue Menu and no buns) corn on the cob and stir fried veggies, strawberries and light whipped cream
    Woo!

*I'm at the cottage now so I just Turbo'd 20 min and went for a 60 min walk and its only 12:30 now so I’ll walk again later I’m sure or play basketball.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Did a 50 minute rollerblade down by the river.. and have already dranken 64 oz of water! And its only noon!
  • Lisa0711
    So far so good. I have about 600 calories left AFTER pre-logging my dinner! I made it a point to cut out sweet tea today.. I love that stuff but it's not easy on the calories.
  • Hi all, everyone seems to be doing so good today!:bigsmile:

Well today has been excellent so far! I didn't think I could do it, but I got in 10 miles today! Water intake is way over 128 already, very thirsty:drinker: I 've been very good eating wise and also got my ab work in early, big thanks to my hubby for watching our son (hes so supportive:heart:). Probably just end the day with a walk, if the wind lets up over here.:smile:

Good luck to everyone the rest of the day! And Happy Memorial Day!

~Jessica
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Awesome workout day! Lots of water and down on the calories, too. Thx all...have a great holiday!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Happy Memorial Weekend, especially to all you moms and dads, siblings and spouses...a big hooah to all who serve and have served for our freedom, protection, and well-being, and for the families who stay home and keep the the core intact...God be with us all.

My hubs retired 21 years US Army and I am so proud of him
    My daddy, God rest his soul, served 25 years in the USAF
    My beautiful daughter, all 4'll 100lbs of her joined at just 17 years of age!
    For their dedication, I am forever grateful:heart:
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    im not doing great with this challenge lol i cant do much when family is around!

but i did go for an hour swim at the beach =]

and i am drinking loads of water! =]
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    Dear holy lord someone shoot me now...just got my 30 Day Shred DVD in the mail and decided I'd try it out for my Skinny Saturday Challenge...WHAT THE HECK! I want to die now...I will be going for a short walk later to the park with my mini just to work out my muscles and get double that exercise in.

Not doing toooo well drinking water, unfortunately. I am a slacker :(

But I have been doing EXTREMELY well on the snacking! Lately I have been a snacking fiend but I decided that today is the day I will start getting back on track with the random eating and snacking!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Just a fast run by... so far 104 oz water, 5 hrs yard work & gardening. I am meticulously counting my cals :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is having a good one!! :flowerforyou:

BBT w/ my stats.
  • Lisa0711
    Ha.. I thought it was funny. Went out to dinner and decided to order sweet tea.. one glass shouldn't hurt since I have over 600 calories left - and they brought me UNsweetened tea! I knew right then I was mean to stay away, especially since my boyfriend and I both ordered the same thing and they decided to make only mine unsweet.. lol!
This discussion has been closed.