I just can't stop..

Options
I always eat when I am not hungry. Why you ask? I do not know. I TRY my hardest. TRY TRY and TRY again. I can't get out of my swing of things. Whether it is just because I am used to it, or because I am in college and can't get out of my dorm. Not sure and I need help. Seriously. I'm getting sick of this. I eat out of boredom. I also binge eat. Not too often but i'll do it for a weekend usually when I go home.

Okay, rant over.

Help would be appreciated.

Just a heads up, I can't just get up and walk away and I can't just go for a walk.

Thank you!

Replies

• oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I had that same problem when I was in college and in the dorms. My problem was my roommate and I would just either drink a lot of pop or a lot of beer while just sitting around the room watching tv.
    I think it was just that I didn't manage time right and didn't have a healthy routine. Looking back, I wish I would have went and worked out daily as part of a routine and even go to the library.
  • CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally, totally get it! And I'm sure you have heard lots of advice similar, but gum, mints, and even brushing your teeth can help! But if you must snack, try and make it as healthy as possible. Apples and pb, yogurt, popcorn, mixed nuts, etc.
  • mzprisz1971
    Options
    Have you tried just keeping food you have to cook in your room? If you have to cook it you're less likely to eat it because you may not want to take the time to cook.....I know that's how I am and I live in a house with a husband and children so my house is full of accessible food! But I don't buy a lot of junk food and mostly food that you would have to cook to eat and it prevents a lot of snacking!!!!!!
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I totally get where you are coming from. I am also in college but I am a boredom eater. It get's on my last nerve. I will be doing alright and then out of the blue I just suddenly eat a lot especially around TOM.
    With me I try to keep busy but man oh man I don't like being constricted and I know that I need to cut those calories off. I totally get it! You could try to pre-pack your foods if you have a kitchen and buy grocery. If you eat on campus then look at their dining schedule and schedule when and where you are going to eat. Also keep yourself busy with studies. Exercising helps me and it tires me out- that may help you with eating out of boredom.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Can relate. Especially when i'm trying to distract myself form other things. I have had success with drinking a 8-12 oz glass of water or with snackin on vegetables (baby carrots or celery).