Ripped in 30

Options
I am currently doing jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I did day 7 of level 2 today and am seeing great results, even though I don't do it every day and had a 5 day holiday in new york where I stuffed my face and didn't do the shred.

I really like the short intense workouts and the fact it mixes up strength training and cardio exercises so want something to continue with. I am considering doing ripped in 30. How does it compare to the shred? Is it harder? Do I need any more equipment? Is it 4 level where you do each one for a week and move to the next?

And are the workouts on youtube?

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have done 30DS and am now on day 6 of level 1 Ripped in 30

you just need handweights. I couldn't find it off You tube, I just bought mine off Amazon. it was cheap as chips !

I think it is more challenging ! But I like it more than 30DS, it is a great work out ! I am mixing it up with Killer Buns & thighs, yoga meltdown and I might do 6 week 6 pack occasionally. I do Muay Thai ( just started) 2 x a week as well

If I understand correctly, you do each level for 1 week each

Jillian does say to have between 1-2 rest days a week
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like ripped in 30 a tad bit more
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started Ripped in 30 yesterday, after completing 30 DS. I liked it, I could do almost everything on week 1, except push ups are still my weakness. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi im about to start ripped in 30, i have done 30ds a few times and i love it, but time for a change, would love some fellow jm fans as friends so add me if you want a pal :)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is definitely better. I completed the 30 days and found it to be a nice short work out. I think you can find it on youtube but I bought mine for like $10 at wal mart.
  • VSeed2008
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 3 of Ripped in 30 and I'm loving it! I did the 30 DS right before this, and I think I like them both but maybe Ripped in 30 a tad more! I found that even though I started the Ripped in 30 right after 30DS I was sore sore sore after the first day. So it must have given me a good workout. Same thing happened after my first day on level 2. Where as with the Shred, I was sore for the first 2 days but not again through the whole 30 days. Love them both but would definitely get the Ripped in 30 :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 after I finished 30 Day Shred and I loved it. There's no extra equipment, you just need a yoga mat and dumbbells just like 30DS. I used 3lb or 5lb dumbbells during Ripped.

You're right, it's set up as Week 1-4 instead of Levels 1-3. She says at the beginning of the DVD to workout 5-6 days per week. You will need the rest days for sure to let those muscles heal! The DVD itself is set up just like 30DS with the 3-2-1 circuits. If I remember correctly it's a little harder than 30DS (especially weeks 3 and 4, whew!) and is a great followup to it.

It's not on youtube as far as I know, but you can get it for $8-$10 at Walmart/Target or Amazon.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have not done 30days shred but I love ripped in 30!!! 4 week program,every week is completely different. I've been doing it for six weeks. I like that you can go through the four weeks and then go back and mix it up, pick whatever week your in the mood for :-) I recommend it! And I like Jillian, she is motivating! Good luck!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Personally, I preferred 30 Day Shred and only stuck at Ripped in 30 for 3 weeks because I ended up putting my back out doing one of the moves wrong (smooooth!). From what I remember, you do need weights and you will notice it is a slight step up but if you have just completed 30 Day Shred then it is a good workout to progress on to.
    I'd also suggest adding some running into your routine if you can towards the end of Ripped in 30 as when you move on to her harder workouts (see below) you will need to have a little more stamina than you gain from these shorter workouts.

I am a HUGE fan of Jillian and 3 months after all this I have advanced to her more "hardcore" workouts now.
    After you finish Ripped in 30 look into 6 weeks 6 pack, banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones.
    She also has a good kick boxing one.

OR if you want to continue following a program (I have found now I am genuinely into fitness, I prefer to create my own) you should follow her 90 day one called Body Revolution.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I will definitely do it next.

I don't fancy the 6 pack abs one as I already do belly dancing so my abs are OK - it's the rest of me that needs work! I am planning to do the banish fat boost metabolism and the no more trouble zones work outs once I've done ripped in 30, perhaps alternating them for a while until I get bored!