30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What do you log the Shred as in your exercise diary?
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • victoriacedeno96
    Options
    I want to do it.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ill be one Level 1 day 2 later today. Add me if you want? :)
  • angelatres
    angelatres Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 last night so I am in too.
  • helen_beee
    Options
    I'm on day 6 today, already noticing my body changing xx
  • rachaelheaney
    Options

Circuit training, general. :)
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loz315
    loz315 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'l join you. i'm starting it tomo :)
  • Suem59
    Suem59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done day 2 today .. But had also done a 6k run before today's session so am really sore now!! Want to carry on but am also running to train for a 5k in May so am unsure how I will cope! Any help, support or ideas will be much appreciated!
  • anonymousllama
    anonymousllama Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I add it as 20 min of calisthenics. I wore my HR monitor a few times and the average was 200 calories burned. I'm on day 5 of level 2. I didn't check what level 1 was on my HR monitor.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    I am going to order it on Amazon but I don't know how long it will take to get here. I am looking for some serious toning results. I hope this helps.

You can do it from the links or most of the time, it is on Youtube.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    I am starting on Monday.
  • sarawhite25
    sarawhite25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! I've done the week 1 video a couple times before but didn't really commit, but I'm taking before and after photos this time and doing measurements. I'm really hoping to lose some inches in my stomach and legs! I'm doing mine in the morning like one of the above posters said so I wont get too busy to do it later in the day! It's 20ish minutes...surely anyone can fit that in!!!
  • hannyz08
    Options
    I just got my dvd in the mail, I was going to start it tomorrow. I wont be doing it every day however, I am using it on days in between my runs, since I am focused on running a 10k at some point.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    FYI: I'm already more than half way through with the shred but there are several 30 day shred groups if any of you are interested...

Also, keep in mind it will be normal to be EXTREMELY sore the first few days until about day 4-5. It's ok to take a rest day. You can log it as circuit general but once I received my HRM I realized MFP was giving me a good bit more calories more than what my HRM was reading so I HIGHLY recommend getting one for the most accurate calories burned.
  • katepoetchan
    Options
    I did it last year and it was great! If I wasn't so hacky sick I would start tonight. Hoping for Tuesday.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy to join for motivation, I started on Saturday so today is day 3 - my legs are like lead, the idea of doing it today seems like madness at this point! Really hoping it can tone the flab on my sides and give me some slimmer thighs, or even better to get me off this damn plateau I've been on for 3 weeks now. To anyone who has done it before, do you do it every single day for 30 days, or do you have a few rest days? Jillian's website advises to take 2 rest days a week from any workout programme, so I'm sort of assuming it is 30 days total with maybe 8 days off spread throughout the 30 days?
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love the shred. I am on day 7 of level 2 and I am seeing results already.

One word of advice though - her cooldown is rubbish. I don't even follow it - I do the stretches I do after belly dancing and I have hardly had any soreness while people on here who have done hers have reported being barely able to sit down the next day. I would seriously advise people to stretch properly - if you are unsure there must be cool downs on youtube.

Jillian doesn't even bother with stretching her calfs aftewards!
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done day 4 this morning!! I noticed today how much easier it was this morning than the first day already! I only struggle now with my arms aching - but not as much as the first day. The calves aren't aching afterwards either. In fact I'm sat at my desk not really feeling any aching at all - only in my calves when I walk up the stairs, but it's not unbearable.

Anyway, feel free to add me!!

Stats;

25, female. Height - 5ft 3"
    SW : 166.2 (pre shred)
    GW : 140 (at the moment, possibly more but will see how I feel WHEN I get there!!! :wink: