Hi....

Options
First of all, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Dotti. This is the first time I have every had an issue with putting on too much weight. Dieting is very new to me, I have no idea what I'm doing, I can only go by what ppl in my life have gone through & try to learn from them.
So far, so good, I must be doing something right, because I've lost a few pounds already by changing what & how much I eat, going to the gym where I not only do cardio, but I also do a full body workout as well, I work 16 machines M-F. Also, I have added Herbalife into my diet. I started taking it on the 2 weeks ago. I've been going to the gym for about a month.
I do have one question, last week & the week before I lost 2 lbs/week, this week I have only lost 1 lb. How can I tell if I'm gaining muscle or doing something wrong?

Replies

• Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First of all, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Dotti. This is the first time I have every had an issue with putting on too much weight. Dieting is very new to me, I have no idea what I'm doing, I can only go by what ppl in my life have gone through & try to learn from them.
    So far, so good, I must be doing something right, because I've lost a few pounds already by changing what & how much I eat, going to the gym where I not only do cardio, but I also do a full body workout as well, I work 16 machines M-F. Also, I have added Herbalife into my diet. I started taking it on the 2 weeks ago. I've been going to the gym for about a month.
    I do have one question, last week & the week before I lost 2 lbs/week, this week I have only lost 1 lb. How can I tell if I'm gaining muscle or doing something wrong?

Can somebody send her the road map link...I'm not that technical.

Take measurements and BF% will tell you if your gaining muscle. On a calorie deficit you never really gain muscle...just tone it alittle and it starts to show because of your BF% going down.
  • dottic1
    dottic1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank u for replying. How do I measure body fat percentage? Like I said, this is all very new to me, please bare with me.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Google body fat percentage calculators and that will tell you all you need to know.
    As for losing 2lbs one week and then 1lbs the next, 1lbs per week is the "healthy" rate to lose weight, so if you lose 2lbs consider it to be a bonus. It may also have been water weight and then an actual loss of 1lbs on top of that for the week you lost 2lbs.
    ANYWAY - you are still losing weight. Try not to obsess too much about this, as long as you are still losing every week then this is fine.

There is no way to tell if you are gaining muscle other than the feel and look of your body.
    My advice to you is take measurements of your body and then use those to track your progress as well as your weight because at times your weight will disappoint you where you are gaining muscle which is heavier than fat.
  • dottic1
    dottic1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will Google that. Thank u both so much for helping me, I really appreciate it.:flowerforyou: