Mac 'n cheese dip. Low cal! With pic.

Options
NaurielR
NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
I just made a fantastic discovery, and I'm naming it "Mac n' cheese dip".

j713jeforiginal.jpg

(The picture doesn't do this dip justice. You'll just have to take my word that cheesy goodness is hiding beneath this dip's pale, blasé exterior).

Why do I call it "Mac n cheese dip?" Because it tastes just like Mac n cheese!!! I haven't had Kraft Mac n cheese for months, but the moment I tasted this I was instantly blown back to my childhood, spooning cheesy pasta onto my plate as I watched the latest episode of "The Magic School Bus". And at that moment, I knew Ms. Frizzle would be proud of me.

The best part? There are only three ingredients, and including prep time, this took me less than ten minutes to make.

INGREDIENTS
1 zucchini (med sized. Mine weighed 180 grams)
1.5 Tbsp Greek yogurt
2 tsp Molly mcButter, cheddar flavor

INSTRUCTIONS
Slice zucchini, and then steam until soft (I cooked it for five minutes in a microwave steamer)

Mash/finely chop the zucchini. You'll probably want to do this step in a bowl, since the zucchini will be fairly watery. I used scissors and just cut the hell out of it. A lot of it is paste like, but there are still a considerable amount of chunks.

Add the Greek yogurt and Molly McButter. Stir. Add some black pepper if you're into that kind of thing.

Grab some chips and give that dip a taste test!

Hold onto your socks so they don't get knocked off.

This recipe yields roughly 1/2 cup. And the nutrition? Well, for that half cup of dip, there are 55 calories (zucchini=30 cal, yogurt=15 cal, McButter=10 cal). Yeah, a measly 55 calories. So go ahead, eat the whole thing. In fact, I'll bet its impossible not to.

If you don't like processes, sodium ladened food like Molly McButter, then that's really too bad, because you're missing something awesome!!! You can try substituting nutrition yeast, but I have never tried nutrition yeast, so I don't really know how that would turn out.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Edited because my phone uploads ridiculously sized pictures

Replies

• AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cant see the pic, but it sounds sooo delish! Must try this soon...
  • dianemaddix
    dianemaddix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious,hoping I can find the molly mcbutter in canada!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Bump! Do they sell the Molly McButter at any grocery store?
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    Bump
  • mariehamid
    mariehamid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This looks really good. Now I just have to find Molly Mcbutter
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Sweet - and I always have Molly McButter on hand!!
  • buysafe348
    buysafe348 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe the other day and thought I would try it. It was REALLY GREAT!!!! It tasted just like Mac n cheese. It was so good, that before I knew it, I had eaten the entire bowl and forget to use it as a dip. I would definitely make it again!!! The zucchini tastes just like pasta too!

I also tried it with the regular Molly mcbutter (non cheese) and it wasn't as good, but still tasted ok, might be good as a dip with veggies.

If you like Mac and cheese, you will love this! Just make sure to use the Molly Mcbutter with cheese so that you get e cheese flavor.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • kharper85
    kharper85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Please let us know where you can find the Molly McButter (i.e. grocery store, and if so, what section?)...never heard of it, so I'm curious!

Sounds good!
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kajune16th
    Options
    bump
  • moxieblu
    moxieblu Posts: 2
    Options
    I believe you can find the Molly McButter in the grocery stores (or Walmart/Target grocery sections). Probably can be found near/in the spices aisle.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My store didn't have the cheddar kind of Molly McButter, but I had Nutritional Yeast(which I've never tried) at home so I used that. Eh. It was ok, but definitely did not taste like any mac and chz I've ever had. Its very possible that its due to using the Nutritional Yeast. I added a sprinkle of White Cheddar popcorn sprinkles(Pop Secret?) and that helped, lol. I ate it, but if I ever make it again, it'll only be if I can find the Molly McButter Cheddar.
  • JanelleSonnenberg1
    JanelleSonnenberg1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!