Constipation

Options

Replies

• ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was going to say everything everybody else said. I will also add Taco Bell. You're welcome.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    i have had the same problem. I was getting headaches along with constipation, I was going over on fiber and drinking 100 oz plus water, so I figured that 1200 calories wasn't enough and upped them. Its been 3 days and I am feeling better.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You might want to throw some White Castle in there. I hear it's pretty effective! :huh:
  • zenathabutifll1
    Options
    lmao yes your right
  • zenathabutifll1
    Options
    i have always had that issue; it may take a week to go for me...but not anymore...i changed my diet ..only fruits and veggies...but things that help..apples, green foods such as kale cabbage spinach... golden seal smoove move tea , and weight loss tea, (prune juice takes too long and causes gas), you can do a liquid enema,
  • zenathabutifll1
    Options
    oh yea oatmeal and coffee
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am also prone to this problem, despite drinking lots of water, eating fruits and veggies. Fibre One bars have been a godsend. One a day and I'm golden. When the Fibre One brownies came out, I was ecstatic. They also work like a charm. And they taste pretty good too.

Hmmmm... I've been eating alot of the fiber one bars myself, and granola bars... Now the pieces are falling into place lol. Too much of something could actually be counterproductive, try to lessen the amount you are eating and just let your body work naturally. I tend to go when I do loads of ab work during my workouts. How will you go about trying out all these tips? Lol. But do keep drinking water.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Smooth Moves tea from Whole Food or any organic store.
    yes smooth move tea, also walmart and target carry it
    Smooth move uses SENNA and other harsh laxatives
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eating too much fiber can actually have adverse affects on the body. Try to keep your intake below 50 grams. Also, consuming too much fiber can keep your body from absorbing the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that it needs. You need to find a happy medium. Usually somewhere between 30-50 grams of fiber. It is recommended at least 35 for weight loss, and lots of water. Ginger tea with lemon is a good natural way to promote more efficient digestive health.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Heavy drinking will get things moving every time-LOL
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started eating Fiber Gummies daily. 5 grams of fiber per 2 gummies and I added more high fiber foods to my diet. Fixed the problem.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    apparently you have been eating after 8pm which is when your intestines shut down and stop working...try eating before 8pm ...its a known fact that the intestinal wokers clock out at 8pm.
  • flynchef
    Options
    TAKE A LAXITIVE TEA AT NIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE THE NEXT MORNING TO BE AROUND THE HOUSE TO CLEAN OUT THE PIPES!
    I USE (YOGI) 'GET REGULAR' OR (TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS) 'SMOOTH MOVE'
    AFTER THAT...TRADER JOES FIBER PILLS DAILY ( START WITH HALF DOSE!) ...10-14 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY!
    :bigsmile:
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    PRUNE JUICE ! It was my best friend while I was pregnant! Sunsweet and it had to be iced! A glass before bed !
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    ideal-health-slimatee-natural-herbal-aid-large.jpg

prunes, coffee and using my cross trainer all work for me
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee.. (hey works for me!)

Increase fiber, ie eat more fruits, strawberries!!

Eat healthy fats

smooth moves tea works well too if necessary. I've also heard other natural teas work well too.

ha.. or get an enimea.. .. i suggest other things first though.. those aren't pleasant. LOL
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    "as much fiber as I can" doesn't really help us know your fiber intake.

First, are you eating constipating foods? Eggs and dairy are the most constipating foods on the planet, so if you've started having eggs for breakfast or eat a bunch of cottage cheese, you could have problems

Are you really tracking your fiber intake? Whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are the best sources of fiber. Lentils and berries are very high, and prunes, while having fiber, also contain a substance which can increase GI motility. Chia seeds have 3 grams of fiber per tablespoon so they are an easy way to increase your fiber intake. Caffeine is a bowel stimulant as well and can help to get things moving. Eating healthy fats, like nuts and nut butters and avocado, is also important in keeping things moving.

Fiber added products, like Fiber One, probably don't give you the same effect, gram for gram, as naturally occurring fiber.

And drink lots of water.

Senna is a very harsh laxative; I would use it only as a last result.

Dairy is probiotic, so how exactly are eggs and dairy causes of constipation?

You could try kefir, it's like a runny yoghurt type drink.

Or maybe you're eating too much protein and not enough fiber to move it through your digestive tract.

It's because of the protein. Yogurt and Kefir have lots of probiotics; regular milk and cheese, not so much. They are definitely constipating.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    "as much fiber as I can" doesn't really help us know your fiber intake.

First, are you eating constipating foods? Eggs and dairy are the most constipating foods on the planet, so if you've started having eggs for breakfast or eat a bunch of cottage cheese, you could have problems

Are you really tracking your fiber intake? Whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are the best sources of fiber. Lentils and berries are very high, and prunes, while having fiber, also contain a substance which can increase GI motility. Chia seeds have 3 grams of fiber per tablespoon so they are an easy way to increase your fiber intake. Caffeine is a bowel stimulant as well and can help to get things moving. Eating healthy fats, like nuts and nut butters and avocado, is also important in keeping things moving.

Fiber added products, like Fiber One, probably don't give you the same effect, gram for gram, as naturally occurring fiber.

And drink lots of water.

Senna is a very harsh laxative; I would use it only as a last result.

Dairy is probiotic, so how exactly are eggs and dairy causes of constipation?

You could try kefir, it's like a runny yoghurt type drink.

Or maybe you're eating too much protein and not enough fiber to move it through your digestive tract.

It's because of the protein. Yogurt and Kefir have lots of probiotics; regular milk and cheese, not so much. They are definitely constipating.

protein causes constipation???? If that is the case then I should be backed up for a year at this rate...

Is there a study on this or something...
  • goodera1982
    goodera1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with this all my life, literally fresh out of the womb all my life. LOL. But I recently changed my diet drastically and all of a sudden it was like my body really really needed this change. For me, it was animal base foods... I had it three times a day at least, maybe even more with snacking on yogurt, cheese, etc... Did you know it takes three days for last night's chicken to go through 20 feet of your intestines? Now I eat them sparingly. I am learning how to cook differently. I feel fantastic. I definitely have more energy. I don't feel bloated anymore. Weight is coming off faster than it has ever before. My metabolism seems to be working on overdrive. It's fantastic...
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    vodka works