C25K calorie burn

Any ideas how to log my C25K sessions? I have just taken the overall average mph of both walk & run intervals and use that.

Replies

• Jojan_neke
    Jojan_neke Posts: 44 Member
    I think thats quite hard to say, because it really depends on your posture and heart rate. Maybe look for a heart rate monitor? It really works for me, also because you know if your heart rate is too high at any time.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    The average is ok, but I think it would be more accurate to break each segment down. So, if you run for a minute at a 5mph pace, then walk for a minute at a 3.5 pmh and do that 10 times, I'd list it as 5 minutes of each.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    I use this website: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc and break it down by minutes at each pace. Since it only has whole numbers listed, if I walk at 3.5, I split the time between 3 and 4 in the calculator, and I always round down. It's probably not completely accurate, but at least it gives me an idea.
  • Sveid
    Sveid Posts: 37 Member
    I use a program called Map My Run and it does give a "calorie burned" section once you finish logging a session. However, it doesn't have a heart rate monitor in it, so it's basically a guesstimate. :\ Best thing I could say is get a HRM.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I use a HRM.....I usually burn between 280-300 per run...but that is for my weight, height, etc....
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    I use a HRM. I found out I burn calories a little differently than what MFP states. Right now, I am in the high 300's-400's per run.

Another way you could do it is to add your running minutes together and count them, and then add your walking minutes together and count them separately. The chart at the bottom of this page gives you an idea of how many minutes of each you should be doing: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    I use a HRM there good for a lot of things. Im between 270 to 340 on c25k