30 day shred results - day 8!

Options

Replies

• candi_is_dandi
    Options
    amazing job! lookin' good! ; D
    Finished the Shred today...trying to post some pics...here are my results!

2v0bvgz.jpg Day 1
    mkkfme.jpg Day 30

2nnn9.jpg Day 1
    2u8l3d5.jpg Day 30
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    holy hell, your results are mind-blowing!

jillian is amazing! i have all of her other videos as well & i'll be starting on those once i'm done with the shred. ; )
    Great job! I'm about half-way through 6 Week 6 Pack but I've completed 30 DS and Ripped In 30 previously. Jillian rocks!

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm wondering what to try next...maybe Extreme Shed and Shred or go back to 30 Day Shred. I liked Ripped In 30, too. Maybe try it with heavier weights..
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok....THIS has totally motivated me! I tried it a couple weeks ago but my legs were soooooo sore the dAy after...well the following THREE days after that I didn't go back! Pathetic I know after only day 1. I think I pushed myself too hard the first day. You guys totally motivated me again to give it another go! Thanks for that you all look FANTASTIC!
  • gollyd
    gollyd Posts: 15
    Options
    These results are amazing......I forgot I had it...so I am pulling mine out today. I remember being extremely sore the first time, so I am expecting that this time......x10. I am far worse off (shapewise) then I was the last time. Wish me luck.....you ALL look fabu!
  • gollyd
    Options
    What do you log for exercise....its harder than an aerobic workout....so I am assuming that it burns more calories?
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor watch,which calculates how many calories i'm burning, and have made up my own categories...as 30 day shred, Ripped in 30 week 1 etc...
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor watch,which calculates how many calories i'm burning, and have made up my own categories...as 30 day shred, Ripped in 30 week 1 etc...

^^ Heart Rate Monitor is the only way to go for 90% of your workouts. Lifting weights is about the only thing I would think the HRM wouldnt do much good on.
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    my girlfriend got me an hrm for my birthday (on the 20th) & i've since been using it to log all my calories burned. but before that, i would put in "circuit training, general - 20 minutes" & it actually comes very close to what my hrm tells me i'm burning.
    What do you log for exercise....its harder than an aerobic workout....so I am assuming that it burns more calories?
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Only eight days in and you already have great results! Can you imagine how smokin' hot you're gonna look at day 30?!

Keep up the good work! You're looking wonderful. :smile:
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WOW. The difference is SO noticeable! You've motivated me to get my butt back on that program... I was so sore and miserable after day 1 that I didn't want to go back.
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    i really didn't expect to be so sore after my first 30ds workout 'cause i was used to doing quite a bit of daily physical activity since coming back to mfp on january 10th, but i was so sore after the first day, i could barely get on & off the toilet, in or out of bed & walking was so difficult, it was almost laughable. i also had horrible allergies at the time, so coughing & sneezing was agonizing. i was still sore when i picked the routine back up two days later, but definitely not to the same extent as before & i was able to push through the more mild pain i was feeling.

you have to listen to your body - if you can barely move, it's not a good idea to do a strenuous workout, but if you have some soreness (which is expected) & you feel okay enough to kick some booty, then go for it! ; D
    These results are amazing......I forgot I had it...so I am pulling mine out today. I remember being extremely sore the first time, so I am expecting that this time......x10. I am far worse off (shapewise) then I was the last time. Wish me luck.....you ALL look fabu!
  • gollyd
    Options
    Oh...yes it did make me terribly sore...I am going to modify it today.
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    thank you, sweets! i'm SO looking forward to day 30! : D
    Only eight days in and you already have great results! Can you imagine how smokin' hot you're gonna look at day 30?!

Keep up the good work! You're looking wonderful. :smile:
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm about half-way through 6 Week 6 Pack but I've completed 30 DS and Ripped In 30 previously. Jillian rocks!

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg

Mate you look incredible!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of inches with this too and am thinking of adding it back into my routine this week. Great inspiration, keep it up!
  • MakeItHappen2014
    Options
    Is the 30 day shred a program you have to buy?
    i finished day 8 of the 30 day shred yesterday & i can definitely feel the difference, but i really wanted the satisfaction of seeing the difference, so i took some photos this morning... & i have to say, i'm quite pleased with my results!

since starting the 30 day shred on the 13th, i've lost 1.5 inches from my upper waist, 1 inch from my lower waist, half an inch from my thighs & half an inch from my biceps. i've lost in my hips, too, but i think i might have measured incorrectly 'cause according to my calculations, i've lost 4.5 inches & that doesn't seem right (wouldn't my shorts be completely falling off?). but regardless, the shred is definitely helping me shed! ; D i took 3 "rest" days (on the 14th, the 21st & the 22nd), but still did something active on those days, such as going for walks or working out on the elliptical.

when i first started the shred, i had trouble with the modified push-up's (i could barely get back up after doing one or two of them) & i had to break during each jumping jack/jump rope sequence because i was huffing & puffing so badly & my legs burned so much, i just couldn't keep up! & the bicycle crunches? no way, i just couldn't do them for more than a couple of seconds. i also used 5 pound weights the first day & was so sore, i made the 14th a rest day. on the 15th & the 16th, i didn't use weights at all (i was actually able to do all the moves & keep up with them) & since the 17th, i've used weights for the chest flies, dumbbell rows & some of the squat moves. i'm proud to say i can actually keep up with the modified push-up's, jumping jack/jump rope sequences & the bicycle crunches! it's amazing how strong i feel & i'm not even done with level 1!

in these photos, i'm not sucking in AT ALL. i'm literally letting it all hang out. i want the most accurate before/after photos i can possibly manage.

day1-8resize-1.png

day1-82resize-1.png

DAY1-8rightsideresize.png

if you're doing/have done the shred, i'd LOVE to see your results, too! before/after photos are so encouraging!
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow the photos are great! Well done everyone. I can really really notice the difference.

A bit of advice please :) I started the 30DS and got to level 2 day 5 when I had an arthritis flair up in my knee and obviously had to stop. This was 2 weeks ago. I am ok the past few days but just wanted to leave it an extra day or two. Anyway, I want to get back into it tonight. Is it ok to start back at level 2 day 5 or should I start from scratch again?

Some disaster!
  • Robera06
    Robera06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the SHRED? I have not herd of it. Everyone seems to be doing great on it.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference already!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!