Green tea

Options
2»

Replies

• beebop85
    beebop85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ive started drinking twinings green tea with orange and lotus flower, I hate normal green tea but I find this one quite tasty :) again it stops me from wanting to eat sweet things in the afternoon! Good luck!
  • makingitreal
    makingitreal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea everyday. I have noticed that it doesn't make me jittery like black tea and it controls my appetite . Love it!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I think potential weight loss benefits from drinking green tea have been outrageously overstated. It may have some appetite suppression qualities, but honestly, I haven't noticed them. I love it though...it's pretty much replaced my soda intake...so I guess in that RE...yeah, it aids in weight loss since I have 3 cups of zero calorie green tea vs 3 cans of 180 calorie soda per day.
  • wulfsburg
    wulfsburg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to drink as much black tea as I can. At work it is free so I try to get a cup in a day (at least).

I drink it because I read a study that states that tea (black and green) contain some kind of anti oxidant that has been linked to longer life when consumed 3+ times a day in some study.

I do not take this study to heart and really don't dwell on using this study's information as gospel, but since it contains some caffeine and lots of water, it can't hurt and gives me something to drink other than water. Especially in the cold months, it is nice to stay warm with less of a boost than black coffee. I drink it "unsweetened" (stupid term, as tea does not have the sweetener removed from it), and notice no tangible effect on my weight loss or energy level.

Green tea and black tea come from the same plant. Black tea is synthesized in a manner that makes it black and increases caffeine content. It loses some of that antioxidant in the process. Black tea contains more caffeine (not much) than green tea.

Is it good for you? Probably, but you won't notice it.
    Does it hurt to drink it? Nah
  • makingitreal
    makingitreal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea everyday. It doesn't make me jittery like black tea and it definitely helps with my appetite. Love it!
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive started drinking twinings green tea with orange and lotus flower, I hate normal green tea but I find this one quite tasty :) again it stops me from wanting to eat sweet things in the afternoon! Good luck!

That's my favourite, I always have some in my desk drawer
  • bitterpeaches
    Options
    I drink green tea or just tea in general. Though I've been getting into the habit of bringing a bottle of tea with me every morning to work simply to drink. It's more "interesting" flavor wise than water. Haha.

I drink the Oi Ocha green tea, simply because I'm too lazy to brew tea. It's not sweetened and 0 calories and has this pleasant roasted nutty taste.
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    Yogi brand Super Antioxidant and Kombucha are awesome. Try them!
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do love green tea, I will get various flavored varieties by Lipton. I have read studies that have shown green tea to have fat burning effects, however you definitely need more than just a cup or two a day to get this effect.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I prefer my tea hot if I am drinking the singles. But a big glass of ice cold sweet tea hits the spot on a hot day. :) I have chocolate hazelnut tea, peppermint tea, ginseng with honey and french vanilla. I like them hot because I have a huge window in my office and it gets cold in there when its cold outside. I LOVE HOT TEA!! :heart:
  • cdmatlock1
    cdmatlock1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i think i'll try that!