Girls Vacation Places

k8lyn_235
k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
i'm planning to go on vacation in april or may with my friend and we need ideas on where to go. we are in our mid-twenties and would like to go somewhere we haven't been yet that has a good nightlife and good beaches. we would like to go south in the united states (florida) or possibly all-inclusives in other countries (depending on price).

places i've been
myrtle beach, sc
ft. lauderdale, fl
key west, fl
las vegas, nv
los angeles, ca
cancun, mx

if you have any ideas, please let me know! thanks :)

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Punta Cana, DR

OMG - the BEST place on earth, IMO. Singles, couples...if you like to "let your hair down" its the place to go. All-inclusives...we have been there many times.

BTW - I have been to all places you listed. After going to Punta Cana, I have a hard time going anywhere else, even Vegas.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    I hear that New Orleans place likes women in their mid-twenties.
  • k8lyn_235
    Punta Cana, DR

OMG - the BEST place on earth, IMO. Singles, couples...if you like to "let your hair down" its the place to go. All-inclusives...we have been there many times.

BTW - I have been to all places you listed. After going to Punta Cana, I have a hard time going anywhere else, even Vegas.

my bf and i almost went there but chose cancun instead because of the price and direct flight. i was not very happy with cancun and wish we would have gone to punta cana! maybe i will just go there with my friend then, lol! thanks :)
  • Kaitlyn, I am also trying to find a place to go on vacation in May. I was thinking either Playa Del Carmen or Punta Cana. My bf and I like to be busy. We enjoy the beach but don't want to sit on the beach all day long.

We went to Hawaii and loved it there but we are looking for something cheaper. Suggestions?

Mexico or Dominican Republic?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    If you can get a cheap flight and a good all inclusive deal for Mexico I would try that.. just don't leave the resort areas cause ya know.. Sucks I have heard Acapulco has been seeing increased violence and I heard that's a nice spot to go too.

As for Florida, I have been to Daytona Beach, and that is fun.. beach is decent the places are a bit older (obviously beyond its hey day) but there are still plenty of bars/clubs to go to and hotels can be relatively cheaper depending which you stay at.

Fort Myers Beach is a really nice little place to visit as well.. the beach is awesome, the night life is decent you won't find tons of clubs but there are bars and the like to hang out with as well as places on the beach.

Both places are really what you make it
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Last time I was in Acapulco, there were rats on the beach. If you can get a last minute cruise deal, that might be fun.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I just got back from Punta Cana, DR and it is great but I do not think it is all that different from Mexico (if you just want to lie and on the beach and hang out), really, which is cheaper and easier to for us in Denver CO.
    Why didn't you like Cancun? I have been there, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel and liked them all. I think it depends on what you are looking for-a nice beach? an exciting nightlife? outdoor sporting and adventures? a relaxing spa retreat? once you know you can narrow it down.
  • Definitely a nice beach but also activities as well. Snorkeling is fun but not something we want to do all day long. We like to be on the go.

Between Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, or Punta Cana which one would you go to again?
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Skiing....... Will be in Mount Snow over Easter, can't wait.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Definitely a nice beach but also activities as well. Snorkeling is fun but not something we want to do all day long. We like to be on the go.

Between Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, or Punta Cana which one would you go to again?

I would go to any of them again. Cozumel is very quiet, though, and the beach at our hotel was more like a reef, no playing in the waves, but good snorkeling. Someone I talked to did an excursion to an underground river there and said it was awesome.
    Playa del Carmen is a cute little town, so you could save money just getting a hotel on the beach and buying some beer and groceries and eating out less. It's kind of quiet and European, not like Spring break style Cancun.
    Punta Cana has great beaches, the all-inclusives are pretty cheap and they have any kind of excursion that you could want (but I think that is true of Mexico too). I talked to a couple of women who had been on spa retreat and they had yoga, massages and "dr fish" where fish nibbled the calluses off their feet! They said it was a very popular tour.
    But if you wanna talk cheap and easy to get to, Las Vegas is usually the spot for a girls trip. We stay at MGM with the great pool and lazy river, have access to great dinners, shopping, amazing clubs and shows and it's so cheap!
  • Hey I'm in my mid twenties too. I've been told, but haven't been there yet the best vocation spot to go to in April is Miami, Fl. I heard the night life there is a lot of fun and a lot of fine guys. Oh and it has a nice beach.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Hey I'm in my mid twenties too. I've been told, but haven't been there yet the best vocation spot to go to in April is Miami, Fl. I heard the night life there is a lot of fun and a lot of fine guys. Oh and it has a nice beach.

April in South Beach is A LOT of fun. Definitely warm enough for the beach. Topless. Clubs. Pool parties. A little bit of everything.
  • k8lyn_235
    awesome. thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
  • Cabo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Punta Cana, DR

my bf and i almost went there but chose cancun instead because of the price and direct flight. i was not very happy with cancun and wish we would have gone to punta cana! maybe i will just go there with my friend then, lol! thanks :)

What was wrong with Cancun? Where did you stay? I LOVE it there. My husband and I go twice a year and we bought a condo down there a few years ago.
  • JustJennie1
    If you can get a cheap flight and a good all inclusive deal for Mexico I would try that.. just don't leave the resort areas cause ya know.. Sucks I have heard Acapulco has been seeing increased violence and I heard that's a nice spot to go too.

I personally wouldn't go to Acapaulco since that's where the "corridor of death" is. Also wouldn't go to Mexico City, Tiajuana, or the border towns.

Cancun is perfectly fine. No issues leaving the resort there. All the violence is about a 72 hour drive away.

Cancun is a blast. We go there twice a year. It has someof the best restaurants I've ever been to. The people are really nice, the clubs are fun. As with any place in or outside the US you have to be cognizant and aware of your surroundings and don't do stupid stuff.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    NYC ?
    What can't you do here?
  • JustJennie1
    NYC ?
    What can't you do here?

Lay on a beach. And right mow be warm.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    NYC ?