New Bride to Be - In desperate need of support.

Options
Hello there my MFP pals.

I have been on this site for a while now, on and off and love it and all it's support.

Lately, and by lately I mean since last october to now, I have been steady in my weight. That's not a good thing. I need to lose.

And just 2 days ago, my boyfriend proposed. So now I'm feeling nervous and scared. I want to look pretty for my wedding. I want to be below 200 lbs. We haven't set a date yet, but my bf wants something either next fall (6 months) or next spring (13-15 months).

No matter what we decide, I don't want my weight to be an issue or a reason to push it back. So I need to get on the band wagon and stay on it. So I'm looking for friends who will keep me in line, who won't just say gj or great, but really push me to do better if I screw up.

Anyone else in a similar situation want to be friends? I know that support can be a huge factor, and right now I'm a little scared that I won't have enough self discipline to keep on it.

Some Facts about me, I'm 26, 232 lbs, 5'4, and I want to get to 170-175 ish lbs. I know it's still overweight, but I haven't weighed that since I was young. And I'd like to again. It would change my world.

Replies

• vlewis22
    vlewis22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a new bride to be too and we are looking at next may i don't even want to go dress shopping until i am under 200lbs. I haven't been on here for long but your topic caught my eye! i would love to help support you on your journey to your wedding and since i've started my planning i can tell you just how super stressful it is too so feel free to ask for any support/encouragement you need! oh and Congratulations!
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a new bride to be too and we are looking at next may i don't even want to go dress shopping until i am under 200lbs. I haven't been on here for long but your topic caught my eye! i would love to help support you on your journey to your wedding and since i've started my planning i can tell you just how super stressful it is too so feel free to ask for any support/encouragement you need! oh and Congratulations!

Congratulations to you too! <3
    And thank you, I haven't even started planning. I'm very nervous about that. We haven't set a real date yet either, but everyone in my family wants to know. lol. At first I was over the moon, but now that I'm thinking of all that has to be done... it's so intimidating!

I'd love for us to be friends! And thank you!
  • serasv
    Options
    Thank you for those who sent friend requests! I appreciate it so very much!
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    I am not a new bride, I am not even dating any feller but we actually have some of the same goals! I am 5'4, weigh 233 and my goal weight is 150! I have been on MFP before but its been over a year and I need to get this weight off for good! Please feel free to add me!
  • serasv
    Options
    I am not a new bride, I am not even dating any feller but we actually have some of the same goals! I am 5'4, weigh 233 and my goal weight is 150! I have been on MFP before but its been over a year and I need to get this weight off for good! Please feel free to add me!
    I would totally appreciate some fellow females with similar goals!
    I'd love to help support your journey through weight loss! I'll send over a friend request.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Feel free to add me. I will help where I can :flowerforyou:
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    Add me! I'm also getting married in Sept and looking to lose at LEAST 20 LBS ! (likely 40 in total!)
  • kspitalsky
    Options
    I'm not a bride, but I am the Maid of Honor in a wedding this October so I too am looking to lose weight (Ideally 35 pounds). My family and boyfriend think i'm ridiculous and don't think I need to lose weight (my BMI indicates i'm Obese so it's not like I'm a size 4 complaining about a few pounds.) While my boyfriend is supportive, that's about it. I'd totally be a support friend if you still need one! I've already used MyFitnessPal for 2 weeks now (religiously) and lost 2 pounds. Not a huge accomplishment, but it's a start. Oh, and congrats on your recent engagement :)
  • mrsdean87
    mrsdean87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations i got married in july so i no the pressure ur under 2 feel gud on ur big day ill help u add me x
  • SeptemberBride13
    Options
    I'm a bride, getting married in September! I'll add you and we can support each other :happy:
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married in September also! Feel free to add me and I'll try to help keep you motivated!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    this site is awesome .... I lost 78lbs back in 09/2010 with this amazing site ..I let tragic things and life in general get in the way and gained everything I had loss plus some... so I am back but with more of a positive attitude and determination ........I would love to motivate and support you .We can do this ..... anyone is more than welcome to add me ..........and congrats on your upcoming wedding ....
  • utópica101208
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm on the same boat as you I'm getting married June 29th of this year so I have 4 months to get into shape and I'm just so busy with school and work and have no time to work out but I'm trying my hardest with my meals and trying to do the bare minimum of work outs. I'm under 130 5'2 and just want to feel confident and amazing for my wedding day and honeymoon. I gained 20 lbs in a year and just want to get toned and healthy again. This is the most I've eve weighed I know it's not a lot but to me I'm not so confident and want to lose this extra weight and need the support as well. So I'm in if youre in!! :) We can DO THIS!!
  • serasv
    Options
    thank you thank you everyone!
    So many people sent wonderful messages and friend requests!

It's nice to know I'm not alone.
    It just brings a smile to my face and makes me really believe I can do this!