Victoria's Secret Model Workout Plan

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Fairly certain they do lots of cardio and eat somewhere around 800 calories a day.

Wait, no, don't do that..... :(
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't know why so many people are pooh-poohing this.

I did this workout and grew seven inches.

Yeah, I grew seven inches when I watched the VS models workout :smokin:
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Adriana Lima does like two hours of boxing every day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I think a few guys may have done that also (well. in their minds it was 7 inches).
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

I think a few guys may have done that also (well. in their minds it was 7 inches).

:blushing:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Spoken like a true almost-MFP's-hottest guy!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    IMO, there is no point in trying to pick a celebrity (any celebrity) to "look like".....because it's never going to happen. Unless you are their genetic identical twin, there is no specific exercise you will be able to do to make your body look more like another person's body.

The thing you CAN do is.......make your own body look the best it can!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Spoken like a true almost-MFP's-hottest guy!

Never forget.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i would focus on weight training to get some muscles. Sounds like you have the height and you're definitely slim enough, now you just need to do some sculpting with weights to get that pretty appearance.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    jump rope, boxing
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    just a note, i think most people have a belly roll when they sit down. if you're bent over, your skin is going to fold against itself.

in a bunch of the photoshop before and afters i've seen, models will have the roll when they hunch over or bend over, and it's photoshopped out.

just make sure you know what's real, and what's fantasy!

pretty much this...it's all pretend
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Do they even lift?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Chances are the Victoria's Secret Models have never heard of this workout plan and that it's being marketed as such to gain popularity.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I would guess they do pilates and/or yoga, probably some cardio (step or treadmill), and maybe low weight/higher rep weights, and watch their diet, but probably don't push protein the way most lifters would....I think its sad (and rude) that it is assumed they don't do anything and simply eat nothing to look the way they do, believe it or not, some people actually don't have weight issues...not all people come from the direction of needing to lose weight to stay slim. I eat 2000 to maintain, and that's before I have even lifted a weight..then I add more

You may be able to fruck around with Photoshop in print, but not on the runway.

But as for the OP...just try to look the best you can look, cause you can't look like anyone else, there really is no magic formula.Some kind of resistance training is going to be your friend....I say go heavier, but I like the cut look.
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    I would guess they do pilates and/or yoga, probably some cardio (step or treadmill), and maybe low weight/higher rep weights, and watch their diet, but probably don't push protein the way most lifters would....I think its sad (and rude) that it is assumed they don't do anything and simply eat nothing to look the way they do, believe it or not, some people actually don't have weight issues...not all people come from the direction of needing to lose weight to stay slim. I eat 2000 to maintain, and that's before I have even lifted a weight..then I add more

But as for the OP...just try to look the best you can look, cause you can't look like anyone else, there really is no magic formula.Some kind of resistance training is going to be your friend....I say go heavier, but I like the cut look.

I agree. I'm sure this isn't true for all models, but I'm sure that VS Models put in a lot of hard work and exercise to get their bodies the way they do. Even before the photoshop, they look amazing :)
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    A lot of these posts make sense! Thanks for the feedback.
    I'm still a gym newbie and I'm confused on what workouts I should do at the gym
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha. haha. hahahaha
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kerr reportedly works out daily with yoga, resistance exercises, and high-impact workouts such as running or boxing. "I make sure I do half an hour of yoga in the morning so that then I'm feeling good," she has said, according to the Daily Mail in the UK. "I have been working out quite a bit doing Pilates and yoga and strength training with weights and resistant bands and I eat super healthy."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/miranda-kerr-shares-diet-fitness-secrets-article-1.1196760

http://www.koraorganics.com/blog/live-in-my-skin/all-things-organic/organic-certification/my-general-well-being-nutrition-guide-what-i-do-to-stay-healthy-by-miranda/
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chances are the Victoria's Secret Models have never heard of this workout plan and that it's being marketed as such to gain popularity.

Well given that some of the VS models actually appear in these vids in YouTube you assume wrong :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree. I'm sure this isn't true for all models, but I'm sure that VS Models put in a lot of hard work and exercise to get their bodies the way they do. Even before the photoshop, they look amazing :)

People mention the photo shopping, so that people will not be overly critical about the way movement and positions can impact the momentary look of their bodies. But, I agree that the models are beautiful even without the photo shopping. Anyone trying to claim otherwise is deluding themselves and it does no one any favors.

I also find it annoying that people assume the models are unhealthy and starving. The people saying that have probably never even seen the models in the runway show, and know nothing about the reality of their health. These women continue to model well into their thirties and even after having children.

But, at the same time, I would never think that a person could do a VS model workout and get their body. But, as others said, you can do the right things to get the healthiest, fittest body that you are capable of and enjoy what it looks like.

If you need to lose weight then eat at a deficit. If you don't need to lose weight then eat at maintenance. Do strength training. There are many options and you can also do pilates and yoga if you enjoy that.