30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first day :happy:

I thought it was amazing!! I have to say I was a little skeptical - especially as my other half kept on saying it looked rubbish - but even he got in the spirit and joined in when he saw me flying around the place sweating like anything!! hehe.

I have to make a totally blonde confession...when you were all discussing weight I was just reading the number accidentally ignoring the "lbs" and my weights are all "kgs" so after the first set of strength using my 5kg weights I was nearly in tears...hehe. I've now switched down to 2kg as these are the smallest I have and it's still really really hard (I'd be better with 1.5 I think!) but at least I have realised my mistake! I thought I was some crazy-weakling and you could all do the workouts with so much more than I could! :blushing:

I can see now how you can get ripped in 30 days!! Bring on tomorrow!
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    Options
    Whew! Just finished L1D1 - so worn out now! But I love how great I always feel after a workout. There were a couple of point where my head started hurting and I felt a bit sick (but that just could be the fact that the boys I share a flat with (I live in halls) are cooking bacon and the smell is disgusting!) but I kept going and feel awesome now!

Good luck to anyone else starting today! Or if you have done yours for the day then well done :happy:
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    Options
    i just ordered this!!! =]
    so tell me its 30 days? no days off????
    and do u work out at all otherwise or is there no need?

Personally I would say that sometimes it is good to take a couple of rest days in the 30 days - just listen to your body! Also I absolutely LOVE running and will keep it up during the shred - but really it's your choice whether you train with another sort of workout. Sometimes I feel like the 20 mins doesn't quite give me enough cardio or sometimes I just feel like a run! Your decision though :smile:
  • dragonflies4me
    dragonflies4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm sore today! I joined a biggest losers thread here too and our challenge was 350 pushups this week. I joined late and it's basically 50 pushups a day. But I could only do 40 yesterday. I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist that has never bothered me, but today that wrist really hurts. I'm hoping I'll be able to do the pushups on the shred today. I VERY tempted to skip a day, but I'm going to do L1D2 today and just try to work through it. After reading people saying that keeping to it will help you be less sore sooner I'm hoping that will be the case for me too!

Here's to Day 2 (or whatever day you are on)!!!

:)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D1! My only problem was the jumping jacks. My workout pants literally fell around my ankles. :) Time to go shopping for new ones.

Good luck everybody!
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so excited to see so many posting that they are starting today! :love:

Today is technically L1D2 for me, so I am super stoked to get started! I've decided that I'm going to start doing the shred while my little one naps...she got kicked in the face and knocked over a couple times yesterday. Oops. :laugh:

After having started yesterday and showering and going to bed, I've gotta say that my muscles ache! It's in the good way of course, the kind where you stretch and feel just that little twinge of "ouch". Even muscles I didn't know I worked out are getting that feeling. Love it! :flowerforyou:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Aw you guys are killing me! My copy doesnt arrive till Tuesday. I want to start too! :cry: :wink:

Guess I'll just have to go out on the boat and swim a liltle instead. SEE YA! :laugh: :heart:

Rock on, ladies!!! I'm right behind you!
  • dragonflies4me
    dragonflies4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D2!! I have 5 year old twins who attempted to do it with me! LOL My son was upset that he didn't have weights to use and he did the least amount (and he has the most energy of us all!). My daughter kept asking me "like this?" for the exercises. She also said "Hey! That's the girl from that other show!" She recognized Jillian from the Biggest Loser. :)

I'm quite sore all over and was lagging a little bit here and there, but I did it all. My wrist is what is bothering me the most - those pushups don't seem to be good for it.
    Just finished L1D1! My only problem was the jumping jacks. My workout pants literally fell around my ankles. :) Time to go shopping for new ones.

Yay!! That's great!!
  • gcgrl788
    gcgrl788 Posts: 30
    Options
    Today for me is L1D4 and I was a little hesitant on doing (I just wanted to lay in bed) but reading all of your posts have motivated me... so I'm starting the dvd now! haha
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    as a female you don't need to worry about your muscles getting to big. they will only get more defined and burn more calories
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll join you ladies! I started last week, but only did day 1 because I did other workouts and got really sore! I'll be starting again tomorrow! I'm glad we will be here to support each other! Happy Shredding! :laugh:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, I received my Sat and had to try it out. It isn't too bad at all. I enjoyed it and the time went by quick. Going to def keep up with the elliptical cause I def need to burn way more calories...
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Completed my workout, L1D11. I didn't want to move on the level 2 yet just because I was unable to workout out Friday & Saturday. It kicked my butt more so than when I kept at it everyday so I just have to remember to always workout or I will pay for it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • lexistepps
    Options
    Did L1D2 today! Whew!

Is it strange that it was just a tad bit easier than yesterday was? I think that because I knew what to expect, my muscles were ready to go the second I started each exercise. Looking forward to going through the first 10 days and then hoping to "graduate" to Level 2 on the 11th day!

Happy Shredding, ladies :)
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options

Good luck everybody!

LOL :laugh: This made me laugh so hard!!!

Other subject: great to see this group has so many participants, it's going to be fun. Keep it up everyone!!! :glasses:
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I too have done the 30 Day Shred but not consistently. Jillian definitely kicks your butt. I feel great afterward. I will start again today also. Let the fun begin!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    level 1 day1 complete

Kel:heart:
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was going to start Monday and I couldn't find a support group with the right date. Glad I found this one! :flowerforyou: I'm in!!! Hopefully I can see it through to the end this time. I only made it 2 weeks last time. :grumble:
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    tried to do day one level one.

couldn't do it, couldn't finish

I feel like a failure.

:-(
  • lexistepps
    Options
    tried to do day one level one.

couldn't do it, couldn't finish

I feel like a failure.

:-(

Don't feel like a failure!!!! Were you doing as Anita does (she's the modified workout chick, the blonde, the one with the great abs:grumble: ) and taking it easy?

Just take it one day at a time...try again tomorrow and you might surprise yourself and find that you are more prepared for it because now you know what to expect. Don't give up! Just do what you can and ease into it!

I have faith in you :flowerforyou: