What's your favorite (HEALTHY!) snack???

Options

Replies

• rumplesnat
    Options
    I adore Quest Bars and just tried the newest kind, chocolate chip cookie dough. Oh, my stinkin' heck!!! :heart:
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter, yogurt, edamame, pistachios, string cheese and tropical fruit cups in 100% juice
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Great ideas here!
  • delor44
    Options
    Light Laughing Cow - any favor but I LOVE the garlic and herb - on celery; gala or honey crips apples; Nature Valley Protein PB and dark chocolate bars.
  • TimeForMe99
    Options
    Salsa and plain Greek yogurt, sometimes with veggies and sometimes with a spoon.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I am snacking on Unicorn Poo tonight.

(purees frozen bananas and berries- my purée-er squirts it out in a long tube form- it is like rainbow poo. So I named it Unicorn Poo)
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Oh and tomato juice I blend with spinach and make spicy with red pepper.
  • I love this idea, add some frozen yogurt and maybe some granola and that would be heaven!
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Red Pepper Hummous Dip with Toasted Whomeal Pitta & Celery/Carrot/Cucumber Sticks
    Stuffed Olives
    Peanut Butter on crackers or celery
    Fruit Salad & Greek Yogurt
  • primalfare
    Options
    Nitrate-Free pasture raised double smoked bacon. YUM!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and roasted pine nut hummus. I experimented with lots of hummus before I decided I liked roasted pine nut the most.
    I need to try some of the frozen banana and yogurt, sounds yummy.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like frozen green grapes. Not only are they delicious, they take me forever to eat, and by the time I've finished eatin' 'em, I'm tired of eatin' and don't over-snack :happy:
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Sometimes I like Rhubarb as a snack, sausage, and bacon, and boiled eggs. Once a month my hubby makes a carrot cake or I make an eclair cake and endulge, though when I do, I take 2 konjac root to make sure I don't absorb all the sugar.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    This is my new favourite - just discovered it..!

Heat slices of apple sprinkled with cinnamon, in a bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes.
    Tastes like hot apple pie, but super healthy and sooo yummy!

That sounds like a great idea!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My favourite snack right now to cure my sweet tooth is maple brown sugar oatmeal. It might be pre-sweetened, but definitely a better choice than what I was eating over the past year!
  • jordanalexis90
    jordanalexis90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    fage greek yogurt is my favorite! It is like eating a decadent dessert and full of protein too! I also like string cheese, or apples with peanut butter
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Homemade granola is good :) Mix together honey, oatmeal and (if you want) dried fruits like raisins, and some nuts, then spread it onto a baking tray, then bake it for 10-15 minutes :) You can have it with yogurt or on its own
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I like frozen green grapes. Not only are they delicious, they take me forever to eat, and by the time I've finished eatin' 'em, I'm tired of eatin' and don't over-snack :happy:

Yup. You can freeze other fruits (not the melons though) and it will be a nice ice cream like treat.
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I am snacking on Unicorn Poo tonight.

(purees frozen bananas and berries- my purée-er squirts it out in a long tube form- it is like rainbow poo. So I named it Unicorn Poo)
    LMAO!! Delicious :)
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    Love the ideas! Thanks