Blue Fitbit Zip sale

Options
I was looking for a fitbit and found a deal on Slickdeals on the blue fitbit zips. They are normally $59.99 and Target has them for $35. Target is clearing out the blue color and you may have luck in finding one.

Here is the link, it says price $59.99 but rest assured it is 35 in store. You can use the find in store button here:

http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-zip-wireless-activity-tracker-blue-fb301b/-/A-14247767

If it says out of stock, there are none at the store. If it says limited that means there is most likely one. If it says instock there are 2 or more. I found them in the electronics section.

Replies

• slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks. I've been wanting to get one of those. I'll check at Target tomorrow.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I have been debating on if I wanted to buy one.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind this is the basic model. It doesn't do the stairs or sleep function. But it does do calories burned, steps taken and total distance. It also connects directly to your myfitnesspal account. It adjusts your caloric goal automatically based on your (accurately measured) amount of exercise.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great deal. I actually just returned a Zip in exchange for a One, but for $35 I probably would have stuck with the Zip. It's a great little device.
  • awilke03
    awilke03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine is getting picked up right now! I have been waiting for a deal like this - thank you so much for sharing!
  • JWat2020
    Options
    Mine is getting picked up right now! I have been waiting for a deal like this - thank you so much for sharing!

Glad you were able to find one! :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yay! I just picked up one for me & one for DH. I started it as soon as I got home. I'm so excited to begin to take the mystery out of how I can train this body to be fit without resorting to vegan angel tears :laugh: Objective feedback!!!!! yayahhh!!!!
  • JWat2020
    Options
    After starting mine I realized I walk more than I had thought. Linking it to MFP automatically adjusts calories. I haven't been eating the extra calories, but it is nice to know exactly how much I have burned.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    How does the synching work? Does this upload info over WiFi to fitbit.com that I can subsequently view on my computer?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    How does the synching work? Does this upload info over WiFi to fitbit.com that I can subsequently view on my computer?

The Fitbit uses Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy. It comes with a small USB dongle that plugs into your computer, and it automatically syncs with the website every 10-15 minutes.

It can also sync with an iPhone 4S or 5, newer iPads, and the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II Android phones.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I put together a collection of screenshots of the MFP and Fitbit websites to show you how they integrate with each other:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ah8oy8.jpg

2ah8oy8.jpg

(Right click the image and hit Open Image in New Tab or Save to view the whole thing, which is too wide to display here)
  • lsu_kb
    Options
    My local target shows they have them in-stock and I was just there today! Darnit! I do have the FitBit Ultra and have worn one for over a year now. The integration with MyFitnessPal's app is fabulous. My biggest drawback is not having the blutooth sync like this model has, so I have to wait til I get home to sync my FitBit.
  • ttiiggzz
    Options
    Thanks! Especially for the screencaps.

I didn't realize they made these cheaper... a friend has the $99 version.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like synch is available for my Android, but that's ok.

Does the battery drain any faster when you're away from the Bluetooth source? Is it best to turn the Bluetooth off on the Fitbit in those circumstances?

edit: looks like my local Target has them in stock, which might make tomorrow my fourth day in a row in there. LOL
  • JWat2020
    Options
    Ttiiggzz, this model fitbit comes with a replaceable watch battery, not a rechargeable. From what I can tell you can't turn off the Bluetooth on the zip. But I have had this for a little more than a week and the battery is still at 100%.
  • ttiiggzz
    Options
    There is now only one left in the Target nearest me. Talked to the sales gal about this website and Kindles for about 30 minutes... LOL