TYPE 2 No more

Options

Replies

• walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Now that's good news! I too came off Metformin this year. It's been an amazing journey, that is to listen to your body. Stay focused and you can beat this disease.

Thats awesome way to go
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    that is awesome... i am a type 2 diabetic diet controlled now... i had taken pills and then ended up on byetta for short period i started eating right and losing wt and after 35 lbs i feel so much better.... no more pills.... congrats to you.... keep up the work and stay encouraged.....

Congrats to you too.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    As a nurse who deals with diabetic patients every day, I can honestly say "AWESOME!!!" It's a raging disease and your feet, eyes and kidneys are cheering you on! :-)
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazed at your success! This is my goal too. I hope I can reach it. Congratulations!
  • kaylaknight4247
    kaylaknight4247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! And please spread the word! I have several family members with type 2 who I see eat horribly/never excercise, and they call it an 'uncurable disease' despite what I, their doctors, or anyone else tells them. :( You are an inspiration and please continue to be to others!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Congratulations!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! And please spread the word! I have several family members with type 2 who I see eat horribly/never excercise, and they call it an 'uncurable disease' despite what I, their doctors, or anyone else tells them. :( You are an inspiration and please continue to be to others!

Diabetes is uncurable at the present time. This doesn't mean that it is uncontrollable, though! Congrats to Walleyebob for gaining control!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm so happy for you!
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Thanks everyone . I will say there is no magic pill out or no snap of the fingers and its gone. BUT there is hard work and dedication, So here are some words for you THE TIME IS NOW , GET AFTER IT.
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My A1C's have been steady at 6.5, but I've been on Metformin for 4 years and I know that its going to get worse if I don't do something. I just started MFP, but I'm already losing weight and I'm so looking forward to the day when I can ditch the metformin forever!
  • phillipians413b
    phillipians413b Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I am not type 2 I am insulin resistant and have been on victoza and metforin. Came off victoza last Sept., cut my Metformin in half in Jan. I Should (will) be totlally off Metforin the end of March. To be med free has been one of my goals since starting MFP.
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I am not type 2 I am insulin resistant and have been on victoza and metforin. Came off victoza last Sept., cut my Metformin in half in Jan. I Should (will) be totlally off Metforin the end of March. To be med free has been one of my goals since starting MFP.

Way to go. I have learned it not always about the scale or inches its about living a healthier lifestyle. It take a lot of work and I can see you have the drive way to stay after it.
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Now that's good news! I too came off Metformin this year. It's been an amazing journey, that is to listen to your body. Stay focused and you can beat this disease.

Congrats to yourself to its a big accomplishment !!!
  • boomerz12
    Options
    I wish my mom would do something . She has type 2 and doesn't even worry about it. She says she needs to lose weight and she complains about it all the time but then you'll see her eat a whole bag of chips and then some candy, cake, whatever. Kinda makes me mad a little bit cause I know she's only doing it to herself and diabetes is not a game! I'm very proud of you though and that's an amazing accomplishment and I hope you never have to live that life again.
    <3
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I quit metformin and Byetta in Oct 2012 with mostly increased exercise and earring a high protein, no carb, low fat diet. (neede protein for healing from two major surgeries. Thank God I live chicken and turkey. Too bad I hate fish except canned tuna.
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is her problem and her problem is denial. The hard thing about diabetics are that the disease kills you over time. You can cheat along time and then the complications set in and you have no reserve (kidney failure, eyesight, poor circulation nerve pain) and most symptoms are not reversible. You definitely have the more difficulty task of watching it happen and you are not in denial...just remember we all are accountable for only our own life and health. Still I really feel for you.
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES!!! Testimonies like yous need to get out there to Every diabetic! (even those currently insulin dependent) In fact your kind of story needs to get in the hands of the medical community who are as complacent as the patient with that diagnosis... All too often people are led to believe that diabetes is a life-time sentence and they just have to live with the meds etc. NOT ALWAYS TRUE!!! With some hard work, and lots of adjusting along the way and "listening to your own body" that once "common" and devastating disease can be controlled.

How wonderful you found the truth... spread your story all you can! Congratulations!
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratz to those of you who have been able to kick the diabetes meds out the door. I know it is no small feat. it runs in my family both sides and a host of other problems that most assoate with getting old. I want to live long and healthy and still not be on meds when I get to 80+. I know its a big goal but it is also a lifetime commitment. So heres to being healthy.:drinker:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Huge accomplishment!

Diabetes runs in my family, and I've seen some people handle it well, and some handle it not so well. You are kicking Diabetes' *kitten*!

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, it's totally paying off! :smile:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is one awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself! I'm proud of you because I know how hard it is. I was 'pre-diabetic' with some #'s in the 300's. Finally, I took control of my diet and I'm no longer at risk, unless like you said, I fall back into old habits. It will def. come back if we don't watch it. I think you've got it under control. Again, congrats and keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!