Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Those darn triceps!

I began to seriously try to lose the lbs to get to my goal weight at the end of January. I have lost lbs. but I see it mostly as a deflation! Even though I do weight lifting and resistance work, my skin is getting loose (ugly!) and the tricep areas in particular are waving in the wind. As time goes on and I continue the weights, will that area get less ugly and more firm? I sure hope so because I really would love to wear sleeveless clothing again! Any exercise suggestions beyond the norm (extensions, dips etc) are most welcome along with your experiences. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    How heavy are you lifting?
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    go to body building .com they have exercises for each muscle group
  • Karmachka
    Karmachka Posts: 28 Member
    The trick is to lift heavier and do fewer reps. I noticed very fast results while lifting 30lbs and more.
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    I'm a bit younger than you (43) but was fussing about the same issue. I believe it will get better, but will take some time. Some of it will probably depend on how much weight you lost (ie how much excess skin has to 'snap back') and some of it I guess will deal with what your genetics are. I'm luck in that I can very easily build up muscle mass in my upper body, but not so much in my legs. Even so I didn't quite like the look of my triceps until just recently. They are finally looking nice but then I've put a lot of time into them as well. FWIW, I've been lifting heavy for almost a year.

As jcperkns mentions, how heavy are you lifting and what is your lifting regime?
  • Seems to me that I've found my error....I guess wimpy weights = wimpy muscles. I'm using 5lb & 8 lb weights for my arms. Since I haven't really been working out regularly, I thought I needed to work up to larger weights. I will try the 10 lb. ones but I doubt I could do more at this point. Thank you all for responding. :)