Well Hi There =)

Options
Hi there Fitness Pals,

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Tabatha nice to meet you all. When i began my journey i was 470 lbs. I worked hard for 7 months and went through an amazing Lifestyle changes program. On 2-21-12 I had Gastric Bypass and have lost 225 pounds and counting as of 2-21-13 I weight 245 pounds. I was a size 6xl/7xl when I started this and currently I am shocked and still in disbelief that I can say I am in a size 18/20 in most clothes and a 22/24 in others .Altho I still see the " old me" when I look in the mirror seeing the changes in clothing size has let me know that i am on the right track in the right direction.

It has not been an easy journey but it has been a life changing journey that has taught me so much about myself and the patterns that I use to get myself into.

In the past year I went from a shut in with severe agoraphobia that weighed 470 pounds to a Fitness loving gym addicted ( not really addicted but I do love it ) I work out 2-4 hours a day 5 days a week . 2 of which are with my amazing Personal Trainer Lennox Beaumont. I take 1 hour a day of Aqua class 3 of the days it is aquatic body sculpting the other 2 it is aqua zumba ( i love that class I wish it was daily ).

Replies

• VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tahatha, nice to meet you and WOW I am so happy for you. What a metamorphosis :) Go you... Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • TabbyTabz
    TabbyTabz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vee =) very nice to meet you
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I am so happy for you! Great job :)
  • TabbyTabz
    Options
    Thank you very much :smile:
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I would love to have you as a friend cause you are inspirational.
  • nolachick85
    Options
    Hi Tabatha, it sounds like you've totally turned your life around. That is AMAZING! You are welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like. Also, aqua zumba. What? I've never heard of it, but it sounds really fun!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You have done an exceptional job! That is no easy task, I don't care who you are! You should be very proud of yourself for coming this far, and motivated to keep coming down. You are so beautiful! Keep at it!
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Congratulations on your accomplishments...good luck on your journey!
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for sharing. :) Feel free to add me if you want more friends/motivators!
  • TabbyTabz
    Options
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

nolachick85 - I had never heard of aqua zumba either until I saw it listed on the water classes at the gym that i joined .I have always loved the idea of doing zumba but my body isn't quite ready for that beating yet ( lol ) so I was thrilled to see that there was a zumba class taught in the water. The ladies in the class range from 50-88 years old It is so much fun. The instructor teaches a lot of the same things as a regular zumba class the only difference is it has less impact on your joints then doing it on solid ground. I wish that they offered it more then twice a week I would take it everyday if it was available.