What do I do with Edamame Soybeans in the pod?

Options
gettingfit65
gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
I bought two bags of these frozen. I didn't know they were in the pod. Any ideas for what to do with them??

thanks

Replies

• amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i microwave them, place them in a bowl, and pinch the beans out of the pod and eat them by themselves lol
    i used to just eat them while i read a book or studied coz I need to munch on something
    they're pretty good, try it :)

i actually managed to eat one small bag (maybe about 4-6 cups) while i read this ridiculously thick encyclopedic text! but i didn't feel guilty after eating that much! Way healthier than eating chips!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    blanch them n hot water, salt them and suck them out! the salty skins are the best bit to suck on don't throw them out!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I will give it a try. I have two bags!!!
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Boil in salt water for 5-8 minutes. Eat as a snack by popping the beans out of the pod while they're still hot.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just defrost and eat. :heart:
  • brendddda
    Options
    i microwave them, place them in a bowl, and pinch the beans out of the pod and eat them by themselves lol

This! But don't eat the pods, they're not edible :)
  • susanweischedel
    susanweischedel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You boil what you want to eat for three minutes, drain, sprinkle sea salt on them. Pop out of the pod and enjoy. I eat these all the time. Filling and 158 calories per serving!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yum :bigsmile:
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    so glad you had some ideas for me!!! Thanks again...I need another snack item.:flowerforyou:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • debrabrewer75
    debrabrewer75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These are ,my favorite. I microwave them then dip them in Lite soy sauce! YUMMM