Any fellow Hcg'ers here?

Options
Anyone else on the HcG diet? If so I'd love to be buddies!!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif

You may find a few on board, but you'll find far more who will say don't do it, and save your money. Use the search feature, you'll find more topics on this very thing.

You're far better off eating healthy and doing some exercise, rather than some temporary fix.
  • alvarezara1
    Options
    i did it last year, it works but then u gain all the weight back. I lost 20 pounds in a month then i gain 28 pounds like in 2 months didn't work:(
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Nope, probably not.

They've all either realized that 500 calorie a day is not attainable, that HCG is really made of urine, or gained back all they lost and then some. :(

Hopefully more will chime in who tried it and saw the light on how terrible it was and how much better it was to just just lose weight the right way.

Sorry if this came of rude... however you will serve yourself better by just eating a normal amount of calories per day and exercising! Plus you will save lots of money!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on the HcG diet? If so I'd love to be buddies!!

PLEASE don't do it! HCG is a starvation diet scam that the FDA is trying to get off the market. It has made lots of people ill, and even those who manage to complete it usually regain big time once they finish it.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Sincerely,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.