Hi! I'm Joannie

Options
I'm one of those people who have been 'dieting' all my life. Lose... then gain back plus. A few years ago, my partner was VERY over weight and neither of us were feeling well. So I just told him "we're doing something about this!"

That was two years ago. He has lost over 200 pounds, and me... well about 30. I am NOT dieting this time. I am NOT depriving myself. I am learning to make better choices. We pretty much eat what we want, but a LOT smaller portions, and substituting healthier foods. This is finally working for ME. I'm not feeling guilty, and I AM losing. Slowly... but hopefully for good this time.

Dwight just found this great tool and even though I've never been one to write down everything I eat, MyFitnessPal has made it pretty easy, so we're both giving it a try. My biggest issue is trying to eat all those calories & drinking all that water. hehheee

Thanks for the great tool and best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi Joannie and Welcome! I'm still fairly new as well. I love this site as it's so easy to use! :smile:

Sounds like you're doing a great job...just keep looking forward and making healthy choice!!
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who have been 'dieting' all my life. Lose... then gain back plus. A few years ago, my partner was VERY over weight and neither of us were feeling well. So I just told him "we're doing something about this!"

That was two years ago. He has lost over 200 pounds, and me... well about 30. I am NOT dieting this time. I am NOT depriving myself. I am learning to make better choices. We pretty much eat what we want, but a LOT smaller portions, and substituting healthier foods. This is finally working for ME. I'm not feeling guilty, and I AM losing. Slowly... but hopefully for good this time.

Dwight just found this great tool and even though I've never been one to write down everything I eat, MyFitnessPal has made it pretty easy, so we're both giving it a try. My biggest issue is trying to eat all those calories & drinking all that water. hehheee

Thanks for the great tool and best of luck to everyone!

Hey there hot stuff.. :) I'm sure a lucky guy because of you.. <3
  • JoannieJenkins
    JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tawny! Always nice to meet new friends! Looks like you're doing pretty well yourself. Keep up the good work.

**hugssss** to my "Getting Healthy" partner Dwight. I love you too! hehehe
  • Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! MFP is a GREAT tool. It's definitely helped me stay on track!
  • JoannieJenkins
    Options
    Thanks Sabrina! WOW 75 pounds!!! That's AWESOME!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Gosh welcome to everyone new here on the thread!! You'll love MFP, lots of great tools to help with losing the weight, tons of motivation, meet lots of people in the same boats er' the same wagon I should say :)

Joannie, MFP logging beats paper for logging any ole' day!:laugh:

Glad you're all here:flowerforyou:
    Becca:heart:
  • JoannieJenkins
    Options
    Thanks Becca! Very nice to meet you. I'm really loving it a lot so far :love: