treadmill

I was wondering if setting the incline to 10 and going 3.8 mph on the treadmill will help the back of your legs and booty?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    It won't hurt them, but if you really want to see improvements you're going to want to start doing squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

*Sorry, I have no links to prove this so you'll have to take my word for it.
  • sp7991
    sp7991 Posts: 20 Member
    take advise from fitness trainer because I understand that it may create problem to your back if y have not followed properly...
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Walking fast is good. You can go slower on the incline to let your legs do most of the work.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    I'm doing the squats and the lunges(for about 3 wks now) but I have a bum knee and I'm having to work up to them slowly and I've been looking for something else that might not be so hard on my knee. Thank you for your help.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Google Bret Contreras for some good glute exercises that may be easier on your knees.

Unfortunately, cardio is not a substitute for resistance exercise.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Walking on 10 Incline on treadmill with 6.2 km/hr has definitely toned my thighs and butt, but I also do 3 sets, 20 rep of squats and lunges twice a week...hope this helps...I was not getting a shape only with squats as I had more to lose, but now I can see at least some shape and my Jeans is coming off...
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Thanks guys I will certainly try everything suggested. I have learned so many things on here that I really had no idea of. I'm almost at my weight goal and I want to be sure and maintain it after I get there.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm doing the squats and the lunges(for about 3 wks now) but I have a bum knee and I'm having to work up to them slowly and I've been looking for something else that might not be so hard on my knee. Thank you for your help.

I have problem knees myself, I like yoga. I tend do do most my resistance training on machines, and have just started using free weights.