5 songs that have deep meaning in your life?

Options
2»

Replies

• poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love Song by Tesla the song I got married to (no longer married but still love the song)
    Welcome to Where ever you are by Bon Jovi (to accept my life where it is each and every day)
    You're Amazing by Bruno Mars (need I explain? lol)

Those are the only songs I can come up with at the moment.... the first two are the songs I will cherish for life.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
    Scar Tissue- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Drive- Incubus
    This Cold- John Frusciante
    Modern Love- David Bowie
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't know if they have deep meaning but these evoke bitter/sweet memories for me ...

"Save the last dance for me" by The Drifters, memories of my Dad and my childhood
    "Catch the Wind" by Donovan ...The folk club my ex and I would go to when we first met
    "Saturdy Night" by Bon Jovi ...helped me get through the lowest depression point
    "Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton ...Ex used to sing it to me at his band's gigs
    "Last Christmas" by George Michael ...was on my then teenage sons keyboard as the default tune, happy days! Cannot hear it without wanting to get up and strangle whoever is making the music .....
  • MeanMasheen
    Options
    Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
    Scar Tissue- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Drive- Incubus
    This Cold- John Frusciante
    Modern Love- David Bowie

Now thats my kind of music.... I would add in AWOLNATION - Sail into this...
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Dave Barnes-Grace is Amazing
    Eric Bibb- Spirit I am
    Eric Clapton-Pilgrim
    Dierks Bentley-is Anyone Loving You These Days?
    Walk Away-Ben Harper
    I am a volunteer DJ for a non-profit, commercial free radio station, here on Maui.... www.manaoradio.com
  • Shyonenz
    Options
    Sharing the night - Dr Hook (high school favourite along with Sexy Eyes which was a nickname I was given)
    Movin on Up - M People (the song that changed my life and had me walk out of a very abusive relationship)
    Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner (my all time favourite Karaoke song)
    I won't give Up - Jason Mraz (this and the next one were my songs as I was waiting for the one I really care for to come to me)
    Give in to me - Leighton Meester and Garrett Hedlund (and he has yayyy)

I also love Walking on Sunshine, it's a song that wants me to dance and get moving :)
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Lindsay Lohan - "Confessions of A Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)"
    Coldplay - "Paradise"
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    Beyonce - "I Was Here"
    Ginuwine - "Differences"
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    *So lucky to be in love with my best friend-jason mraz (song with ex-husband, he truly was my best friend for almost 10 years)
    *Don't you remember-Adele(also makes me think of my ex-husband)
    *I won't give up (song with boyfriend right now. we have had some extremely tough times together)
    *There is a church song that is called This is the Day that Lord has Made...many days during my depression I would sing this at the top of my lungs especially if I was at my dad's and my stepmom would sing just as loud with me....she calls me sometimes just to sing and it cheers up right away
    +Free to be Me-Franscesca Batistelli this song reminds me of just what it says I am okay the way I am for God and everyone else and if they can move one

This made me very emotional!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    Pink Floyd - Time
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme 3 Steps ( LOL )
    Eminem - Lose Yourself
    Lonestar - Amazed

Honorable Mention: Say Hey, I Love You, by Michael Franti
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years (reminds me of my dad)

Brooks and Dunn - When I'm Gone (my mom walked out on my dad with no warning. He went to her to try and patch things up. To no avail, when we left...this song was on the radio)

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (How I feel very often in my chaotic life)

John Michael Montgomery - Letters From Home & Tim McGraw - If You're Reading This (Reminds me of when my husband was in the Marines. He deployed often, and missed most of our oldest's life, and the birth of our twins. It makes me appreciative of him, and the fact that he came home with minimal scars.)

Tom Petty - Free Fallin (This song played when my and my husband (then boyfriend) had our first kiss!)

Rod Stewart - Forever Young (for my kids!)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    May I have This Dance for the Rest of My Life -- Anne Murray (for my wife)

Wonderful Tonight -- Eric Clapton (for my wife)

Sleeping Princess -- Jimmy Dean (for Holland)

Philadelphia -- Bruce Springsteen (for my brother, Steve)

Ride On -- AC / DC (my mantra)
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Alive -- Adelita's Way -- wedding/relationship/says it all song with my husband.

Brown Eyed Girl (though I change it to Brown Eyed Boy) -- Van Morrison -- sang to both of my beautiful boys.

Anything by Rod Stewart is for my mom.

Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison - My dad would hilariously sing this to my mom, but change the words Rose and Thorn to their names. =)

Amazing Grace - reminds me of my Papaw when he was still alive. He loved to sing and this was his favorite church song.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    1~Live Your Dreams~Athena Cage
    2~Wind beneath my wings~Bette Midler
    3~Just You and I~Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle
    4~Ready, Set, Don't Go~ Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus
    5~Little Talks~ Of Monsters and Men

My list could go on and on.....