2»

Replies

• Guggz
    Guggz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    It's called Insanity... gonna say, the difficulty level is quite high, dare I say... bananas.

Look at my progress bar, got lots to lose, and I'm going balls to the wall for it. Not this 1.5 here and there, 3-4-7 lbs a week if I can. RAWR.

Moving up to Asylum, then 2, then the P90X series.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? 10kg and then reassess based on how I feel.

How fast are you trying to lose it? 0.5kg per week

How fast are you losing it? 0.6kg per week

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? Not very. Maybe 3-4 because I hate HIIT but I'm eating well, love the strength training and Zombies Run is fun.

Just thought I'd add that whilst my diary doesn't necessarily reflect it, I'm basically working on TDEE-20% (with a day here or there where it doesn't quite match up). I do low rep, "heavy" weight training 2-3 times a week, run three times a week, fairly intensive circuit training on a Saturday morning and take a brisk walk for 30-60 minutes every week day.

Because I'm doing all that, I can eat 1900 calories a day which is plenty to keep me happy. :-)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

How much weight do you have to lose?

How fast are you trying to lose it?

How fast are you losing it?

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week?

My answers are I want to lose another 29 pounds, at 1.5 pounds a week, but am actually still losing 3-3.5 pounds a week for some reason, and on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being impossible it's a 6.5 the last week, harder than usual. I am asking because I am considering going down to 1 pound a week because the difficulty is ramping up the lower i get, and because I am losing twice my goal anyway.

1. I'm at 11% body fat. It would be nice to be down to about 8%

2. Sometime before summer

3. I'm maintaing at the moment so: none

4. I do strength training M,W,F and kickboxing T, TH, Sat urday I run and Sunday I make it a goal to not change out of my pyjamas. I guess on a scale from 1-10 of how hard it is for me. I would say it's about a 4. I've been doing this for a while and I find it fun. Rest days on the other hand are a 7-8.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?-- 8-13 pounds. Will evaluate after 8, but right now I think I'll probably keep going.

How fast are you trying to lose it?-- Half a pound to a pound a week.

How fast are you losing it?-- 1 to 1.5 pounds a week. So a few days ago I upped my calories to try to slow things down.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week?-- Maybe a 3. I was already running, so that hasn't changed. Added Pilates classes, which make my abs hurt like crazy but that's offset by how virtuous I feel when I'm done. Food is easy--I do the cooking, so no problem making good healthy homemade food when I want it, and with a generous calorie budget I can also fit in pizza, restaurant food, and sweets when I want those instead.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? - Short answer: 4lb because basically in goal range - I may want to start building up weight with lean protein etc for strength etc.. My goal is more body fat percentage now than specifically "weight"

How fast are you trying to lose it? Gradually .5lb / week - because I want to try to maintain what muscle I have... And I find since I estimate portions those estimates can vary quite a bit - so .5lb per week (1800 cals) could be more like 2200 (maintenance). I find when I have tried to do less than 1800 I am much less likely to sustain it.

How fast are you losing it? Originally I lost 25 pounds and that was over six months which I think is fast - lots of cardio, then 3 months in strength training (huge difference with strength training). Have been in goal range (barring holiday season lol) since September.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? Ranges from a 3 to an 8 -- rest days are in some ways the hardest because I tend to want to rest everything - rest on nutrition, rest on working out, take a break from life for a while.

I think I am getting to the point soon, particularly if I do make 163lb that I will focus much less on target calories and weight and more on heavy protein intake and healthy eating.
  • rqrussell
    rqrussell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? 25 lbs.

How fast are you trying to lose it? 1-2 pounds per week

How fast are you losing it? On my fourth week now, and have lost 1 lb., gained it back the next week, and lost it the next.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you find it the last week? Between 5-7. I'm following my diet (eating wise), but find it hard to stay on a schedule (eating every 3-4 hours) because of my work schedule. I'm exercising also. With all this, I only lost 1 pound in 3 weeks.
  • Jodi_83
    Jodi_83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose ? - another 10kgs

How fast are you trying to lose it ? - Aiming for what they say is "healthy" 0.5kgs / week - so that would take me through to end of July. Although I'd like it by end of May - just not letting myself get disillusioned if it doesn't happen that fast.

How fast are you losing it? - have lost 6.2kgs in just under 4 weeks.

How hard are you finding it the last week ? - probably a 7. I actually love exercising so that bit doesn't bother me. I just find it hard to alter my lifestyle (probably drinking less) and eating less. Although I'm not feeling hungry - I get bored at work so eat. I go out for dinner alot - so eat more calories than I would and tend to go for drinks (or be at a pub / environment where people are drinking) 4-5 times a week. However atually losing weight is helping to keep me motivated.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

My answers are I want to lose another 29 pounds, at 1.5 pounds a week, but am actually still losing 3-3.5 pounds a week for some reason, and on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being impossible it's a 6.5 the last week, harder than usual. I am asking because I am considering going down to 1 pound a week because the difficulty is ramping up the lower i get, and because I am losing twice my goal anyway.

1. 15 - 20lbs

2. About 0.5lbs a week

3. I've been static for about 2 months. Wanted to stabilise after losing over 50lbs and now finding difficult to get back into the weight loss.

4. I've had a cold, so been eating what I like and no exercise, lol. Yesterday was about a 5. Gym was fun but I started to feel a bit chesty again in the evening. I could always eat more food, whether I eat 2000 cals or 5000 cals.
  • Unodragone
    Options
    Question to all.

Going by my physician and BMI chart I have a good 50lbs more to lose, however being the realistic person that I am and knowing my body better above anyone else, I am not trudging forward with a particular goal weight in mind, I am looking for an overall feel and leanness/muscle increase. Since I am pretty sure I have a good amount of years left in me I am in no rush honestly, I feel people fail diets and add stress by having such limitations. I have had two surgeries recently and have lost the weight from them so I am content in enjoying food as I get to my goal :happy: I have recently plateau :grumble: in my weight loss but before about a pound or two a week. On a scale of 1-10 I find it an 8 simply because my foot that was operated on is still giving me issues and I refuse to baby it any longer. I do find I am hungry quite often but do not scowl myself if I am over calorie, I accept this will take time and if I want to be healthy and for it to really stick I need to keep it realistic. I would definitely recommend switching to 1 pound a week, you don't want to maintain the same amount of weight loss and have your body accustomed to it, sometimes you have to mix it up to keep your body guessing :wink:
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I've got another 5 pounds to go or so before I hit "overweight" and maybe 35 to be at a really healthy weight for me. About 90 pounds down already. I average maybe around a pound a week or a little less. Not super fast. But it sure is working.

As far as difficulty level? Maybe a 1.5 - 2. I only do exercise that I enjoy, like my running class. Yeah, sometimes I'd rather sit around and watch tv than go to the gym and I go to the gym anyway, but it's not like torture. I eat healthy things that taste good. I learned to cook and make nice dinners for myself. I never go hungry. My calories are pretty reasonable. I indulge in things that are worth it (i.e. I'll turn down a boring grocery store bakery cake, but when my knitting group friend brings in cheesecake from a local place for his birthday, you bet I'm gonna have a piece).

If it's easy, you keep going. Easy works. You set yourself up for success that way. I've done the super hard routine before, and eventually you just can't make yourself do it anymore and you stop and the weight comes back. No thanks.
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have about 90 lbs to lose but would be happy with 80.
    I am losing it very slowly, about a 1lb a week, sometimes less. But that is just the way my body works.
    I am not finding it 'easy' but I am not struggling either. I have made it a part of my life so I don't think of it as diet and excerise. I have given myself goals, like the Bluenose 5K and my upcoming vacation so I have something to work for.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Question to all.

I want to lose 40lbs. My goal is 1lb a week. I just started but I've lost 5lbs already. I find the diet part harder than the exercise part. It is hard to get motivated to exercise everyday but once I get started I am fine. I go to the gym 3 days a week (25 mins cardio and 25 mins strength training) and then I do insanity 3 days a week. Insanity is MUCH harder than going to the gym of course but at least then I dont have to leave home to do it. So on a scale of 1-10 I'd say about a 4 for exercise. For diet I'd say a 7.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

I started at 18stone maybe more (252lbs) Jan 2012. Started slowly, joined this site end of Feb and while had a few blips in the beginning it soon sped up. Took Nov, Dec and half of Jan off to stabilize and see whether the lifestyle changes I have made had stuck. Now got 40lb left to lose.

I lost 6stone (84lb) in 10months

I don't have an end date target or a set amount to lose a week. I have just moved offices which means an hour each way cycling (very slowly) so at the moment I am trying to work out how much I need to fuel this. About 2000cal per day seems about right. Also its not always linear and I often forget to weigh myself. I concentrate more on building fitness.

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being easy and 10 super hard, I'd say it was around a 3, not particularly difficult. No more difficult than a crappy diet and I don't like sitting still. Last few days don't count as I'm ill at the moment and eating very little/doing nothing.