What's your favorite kitchen gadget?

Options
tropicpalm
tropicpalm Posts: 39 Member
When I was making dinner tonight, I used my handy dandy Pampered Chef Oil Spritzer to spray on the chicken I was baking. I realized how much I use it to cut down on oil calories and fat and don't give up the taste. I use good, organic virgin olive oil in it and I'm not getting all the chemicals they add to the spray cans.

Got me wondering if there are any other gadgets out there I don't know about that might help in my dieting efforts. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cat

Replies

• newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The Tefal Fresh Express

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-MB750G36-Fresh-Express/dp/B006ZCU3T0

Chops pretty much anything quickly.

Grated cheese. No problem. a whole block in about 2 minutes. It takes longer to chop it down to a size that can go in.
    Carrots etc grated, sliced.

5 different attachements for different sizes.

Makes cooking a lot quicker.

Unless of course I learnt how to chop properly.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    hamilton-beach-hand-blender-59765-mdn9.jpg
    Immersion Blender= BEST THING EVER
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    My Food Scale!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have an electric egg boiler. Prick the egg shells, put in the right amount of water for soft, medium or hard boiled eggs and bingo! Perfect eggs ever time!
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    Vidalia onion chopper, I chop everything with ease, love it!! My Vitamix come in a very close second though.:happy:
  • ohnancy
    ohnancy Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Agreed. Mine's a KitchenAid. Makes soups, sauces, smoothies sooooo much easier than using a blender.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    triscale_joseph_joseph_2b-thumb-468x396-44386_zps23b43ee1.jpg

My food scale. It's super awesome, and green.
  • ohnancy
    ohnancy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My Food Scale!

OK, that too. I use mine every single day!
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Blendar
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Oh my yes!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

Agreed. Mine's a KitchenAid. Makes soups, sauces, smoothies sooooo much easier than using a blender.

Burned out a KitchenAid and a Hamilton Beach. Mine's a Braun.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Use frequently -- Pampered Chef knives.
    Ok, it's not a gadget per say -- however - I view knives as investment pieces.

The one item that changed my life -- citrus peeler.
    How so -- I wasn't a fan of peeling oranges until I got a citrus peeler.
    My citrus peeler is from Tupperware.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My friends call me the gadget queen. I love them all but my favorites in the kitchen would be

1. Egg genie - perfectly hard boiled eggs every time
    2 Ninja Pro blender/chopper set - So powerful & chops everything perfectly
    3. Pizza stone - cook everything on this & it makes it crispy but not burnt.
    4 Mandoline - cuts slicing veggies in half.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The food scale...

And the stove. What? A stove is a gadget, a really big one, but whatever.
  • minikeeper
    Options
    I purchased a Perfect Portions scale a couple of weeks ago that gives you the exact nutritional values based on the weight of the item-it comes with a booklet that has over 2000 listed foods-you key in that food's code and weigh it! Takes all the guess work out-is it a "large potato" or "Medium" I love it!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it qualifies as a gadget but I love my cast iron Dutch oven. It's cheap no name stuff that my mother found in a thrift store but it works great. After seasoning it with veggie shortening on the grill for an hour or so, nothing sticks to it. It cleans up really easy with hot water and a scouring pad (never use soap on seasoned cast iron). It retains heat really good for searing meat and requires little to no oil for cooking.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my favorite is my ice cream maker.... Quzinart Professional Ice Cream maker, no bowl to freeze and I can make anything I want into ice cream, coconut milk and yogart with a little shredded unsweetened coconut perfect breakfast or snack with some fruit. Protien smoothies becomes protien ice cream. Just yogart its awesome, I love it.
    Also my blender it goes hand in hand with my ice cream maker.... except I don't like the one I have now mine broke got a new one it broke so bought a cheap one now on a hunt for a good one.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart "Griddler" with removable/switchable cooking plates. Grills just about anything quickly and no added fat necessary. My favorites are grilled veggies like red onion slices and peppers, chicken or shrimp, plus slices of eggplant to use for veggie lasagna.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-4N-5-in-1-Griddler/dp/B002YD99Y4

I would post an image, but haven't figured out how to do that!??!!
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My Express Redi Set Go.
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The food scale, measuring cups and measuring spoons. The tools I use to measure and portion control my foods.