Logging fruits to your diary

Options
Does anyone log the fruits you eat in the diary? I almost see it as not needed since its all natural and shouldnt be a factor into your sugar intake or carbs.

what say you?

Replies

• weaselle16
    weaselle16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I say - there's calories there. Mind you, I usually don't both with my drink cals if it's only a few, like for a cup of tea or something... but different fruits have different amounts, so it's probably worth considering!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    fruit has quite a bit of calories, I saw you eat it you log it. And natural carbs are still carbs. Would you log meat? natural protein and fat, so using your logic if you don't log fruit, you shouldn't bother with meat either.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had an apple and a banana yesterday - ~150 calories. It's "natural", of course, but it's still food. Log it.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    a banana can have up to 150 cals and 40 carbs (depending on size of course) of course i log it.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    log it. they shoulnt count becuase they are fruits BUT they do count. :explode: so if u eat em, log em
  • cjam134
    cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log fruit because I like to ensure I'm getting enough fruit and veg everyday.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do... because of the calories. It still takes energy to burn those foods, natural or not.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    if it goes in my face-hole, it goes in my diary. Calories are calories.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Er, yeh, I log fruit.

Like I log tomatoes, potatoes and sherbet dib dabs.

It's all fodder innit?
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer that if you eat it or drink it, you log it.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Do fruits have calories?
    Yes.
    Log them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does anyone log the fruits you eat in the diary? I almost see it as not needed since its all natural and shouldnt be a factor into your sugar intake or carbs.

what say you?

so if i just ate 3000 calories of fruit i wont put on weight as its 'natural'?
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Fruits have a ton of cals and carbs, so of course I log them.

If I have a half-dozen baby carrots, I usually don't bother. Veggies are one thing, fruits are quite another.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

what say you?

Does it have calories? Yes

If you eat a suplus of calories every day but it's only fruits and veggies will you lose weight? No

This is not weight watchers

the first other things that are natural that come to mind:
    Beef
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Nuts
    Beans
    Rice
    Oats
    Lamb
    Pork
    Turkey
    cucumber

Does this mean that you shouldn't log them either?
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I log fruit. I log vegetables. That was one thing that bugged me when I was doing WW - you don't log fruits and veggies! It's still calories and I like to know how much fiber and other nutrients I am getting.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Anything that goes in, goes in... Simples.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    yes, you should log your fruit, some care a lot of calories and lets be for real here, (Sugar is Sugar)
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth, it goes in the diary :smile:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I used to have the same mindset as you. I was eating frozen grapes in the evening and not logging the calories. They were a treat for when I was feeling peckish after dinner and I figured it was only a few grapes so why log it? Well, my weight loss stalled because I was eating over my calories with those extra grapes. So yes, log it. I even log celery now.