People who eat the same things every day

Replies

• peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    is it just me or is the original post kind of contradicting. You say that people that eat same thing every day may hurt themselves on holiday, but then you admit to doing the opposite of that and say that you ate a croissant from starbucks that had 500 calories in it.

I do not eat the same thing every d ay..but I eat the same kind of foods - chicken, vegetables, steak, pork, eggs, whole wheat, brown rice, quiona, etc....I have built my lifestyle around these foods....now, every once in a while I will eat some pizza, buffalo wings, etc but I make them fit into my daily goals...

I would say build your lifestyle around healthy foods and strength training....and if you go to starbucks look on the nutritional info or find something similar so that you can get an idea of the calories contained within ...

YES YES and More YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I totally agree. You need to make things work for you! Variety is the spice of life but it really is about GOOD HEALTHY CHOICES
  • I am one to stick to the same things for breakfast and lunch and dinners change depending on the children. But this doesn't stop me from going out for brunch or dinner. I plan ahead, if I know I am going out to eat I work out a little longer to accommodate the extra calories and I make smart choices. I find it easier to stay on my target if I keep to my favorites for breakfast and lunch, Dinner seems to be the one that takes the most calories.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Some of my MFP friends, and quite often the successful weight loss ones, eat almost the same foods every day.

I eat the same foods everyday and it works. I had a slump for 3 months where i lost then gained the same 3 pounds but that was mostly because I pretty much stopped working out and was not as good as logging as I should have been. I eat the same breakfast, lunch and snacks almost everyday. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies of different colors and that gives me the vitamens and nutrients I need. If you plan your meals, then you do not have to worry about making a decision that will blow your day... or skip a meal (which is a terrible thing to do). And yes, there are days that I splurge.... maybe once or twice a month.... but is that any different from someone who does not eat the same things everyday?
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    I eat the same breakfast Monday - Friday (porridge) and the same sandwich (houmous on granary) for lunch. Sometimes I vary the type of houmous - jalapeno or sweet chilli - but basically it's the same. I find it easiest to stay within my calorie goal that way, as I know exactly where I am for my evening meal. It's also kind of "eat boring get thin" because although I like porridge and houmous sandwiches, I don't *love* them so I'm happy with my little portion and not pigging out on second helpings like I would with something I love. At weekends I have whatever I want, but it's harder to make things add up whereas with the same foods you know where you stand.
  • ShannanG777
    ShannanG777 Posts: 6 Member
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. But dinner is always different. I think it just depends on what works for you. I plan out my meals a week in advance, and that's what works for me.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I eat the same breakfast and snacks every weekday, and usually the same lunch for a week straight (with one dine-out a week), and different dinners. Weekends it varies a lot. Mostly I do this for ease of food prep and absolutely loving the snacks I choose (cheese, fruit, carrots and hummus, almonds).
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    I have the same breakfast every day and I have a variation between a couple meals for lunch (usually something frozen which also is my only high sodium meal of the day but easy for my work environment) and then I alternate between a few different dinners if I'm staying at home... generally I love what I eat though and I know that if I go and splurge on a burger my day time calories were still consistent and that tomorrow I won't have an issue getting back on track...

yesterday I was so excited because I hadn't had my usual dinner salad for a few days and was absolutely craving it... i think if anything it's help change my taste buds a bit...
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Ok I wish I had never mentioned the croissant now since I'm being hammered for it. Maybe all those people who eat the same every day are just jealous, it was delicious.

I very much doubt that those who eat the same daily are jealous of your croissant. Rather, they might find the fact that you skipped a meal because you ate the croissant an unhealthy way to go about things. Most people either will exercise to gain those calories back/work the croissant into their day or just deal with the fact that they ate it and get over it. It isn't healthy to skip meals period.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    I eat the same thing until I'm sick of it usually, and I try to incorporate my variety at dinner. Lunch and breakfast are grab and go for me, prepared the night before, because I'm in college and have to race out the door in the morning to go to class/work. I also plan my meals the night before for the next day, helps a lot!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    i go through spurts of eating the same thing until i'm kind of over it, then i move onto the next. currently, i'm kinda hooked on texas style chili
  • I'm not sure I understand the reason for this post. Is it questioning other people's eating habits or trying to decide if it's right for you? I for one eat a lot of the same foods, but I don't binge on pizza or other foods like that. I have seen too much success to want to go backwards. I'm finally letting myself be my motivator.
    Eating similar things frees up a lot of time for me. I make my breakfast and lunch on Sundays (and usually make things in bulk for a few days). That way, I can spend less time prepping meals and more time working out/relaxing. I workout in the morning and teach all day and then work with an after school program, so I don't get home unti late. Meal repetition keeps me on the straight and narrow path! I switch up my dinners a lot though.
  • I think that, for a lot of people, trouble starts when they think too much about "what do I feel like eating today?" If you have go-to meals for breakfast and lunch, you have less to think about and obsess about, and less trouble to get into. Just my two cents.

^^^^
    Agree 100%. By eating the same things most of the time I don't even have to think about it. As long as the same things are healthy choices. Plus I also take vitamins as well.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    People on here take one incidental thing you say and blow it all out of proportion! I do make healthy choices and I don't eat croissants or skip meals on a regular basis. Everyone eats a treat now and again, I am no different from anyone else.
  • RayaQb
    RayaQb Posts: 51 Member
    I pretty much eat the same food everyday, I don't get bored with it. It's like you said I know the calories and since i'm just starting out. I want to be super aware and I'm not even doing cheat meals, all healthy.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Ok I wish I had never mentioned the croissant now since I'm being hammered for it. Maybe all those people who eat the same every day are just jealous, it was delicious.

I very much doubt that those who eat the same daily are jealous of your croissant. Rather, they might find the fact that you skipped a meal because you ate the croissant an unhealthy way to go about things. Most people either will exercise to gain those calories back/work the croissant into their day or just deal with the fact that they ate it and get over it. It isn't healthy to skip meals period.

I Agree 100% skipping meals is NEVER a good idea!
  • RayaQb
    I'm not sure I understand the reason for this post. Is it questioning other people's eating habits or trying to decide if it's right for you? I for one eat a lot of the same foods, but I don't binge on pizza or other foods like that. I have seen too much success to want to go backwards. I'm finally letting myself be my motivator.
    Eating similar things frees up a lot of time for me. I make my breakfast and lunch on Sundays (and usually make things in bulk for a few days). That way, I can spend less time prepping meals and more time working out/relaxing. I workout in the morning and teach all day and then work with an after school program, so I don't get home unti late. Meal repetition keeps me on the straight and narrow path! I switch up my dinners a lot though.

I agree, I eat a lot of chicken breast, so I clean it and seson it (with out any salt) and I freeze it. So when I'm running out for work in the morning I take it out and it's thawed when I get home and I just cook it. Working out and losing weight is a full time job and you have to plan a lot. Eating the samethings keep me on track and I know i'm not working against myself
  • RayaQb
    People on here take one incidental thing you say and blow it all out of proportion! I do make healthy choices and I don't eat croissants or skip meals on a regular basis. Everyone eats a treat now and again, I am no different from anyone else.

LOL too funny you are allowed to have a treat, EVERYONE states that, it's just how much of the treat you eat. LOL I see what you mean on how people are running with it lol.
  • i like to eat the same things everyday because this way I won't have to stress about what I'm going to eat. I have a go-to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I mean, there IS some variety sometimes but for the most part i like to keep it pretty consistent.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    I eat mostly the same because it's easier, because I have a full time job, I babysit and I go to college. I don't want to spend too much time worrying about preparing food. I throw in some variety on the weekend when I have a little more time to cook or feel like going out. It may be boring, but cooking a week's worth of marinated chicken and mashed potatoes at once and adding canned veggies means I won't be tempted to stop for fast food on my drive home from work.