30 day shred results - day 8!

Options

Replies

• LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What is the SHRED? I have not herd of it. Everyone seems to be doing great on it.

Its a Jillian Michaels DVD. It has 3 levels, and you do each level for 10 days. I bought it off of Amazon for $10.00 CDN.
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i finished day 8 of the 30 day shred yesterday & i can definitely feel the difference, but i really wanted the satisfaction of seeing the difference, so i took some photos this morning... & i have to say, i'm quite pleased with my results!

since starting the 30 day shred on the 13th, i've lost 1.5 inches from my upper waist, 1 inch from my lower waist, half an inch from my thighs & half an inch from my biceps. i've lost in my hips, too, but i think i might have measured incorrectly 'cause according to my calculations, i've lost 4.5 inches & that doesn't seem right (wouldn't my shorts be completely falling off?). but regardless, the shred is definitely helping me shed! ; D i took 3 "rest" days (on the 14th, the 21st & the 22nd), but still did something active on those days, such as going for walks or working out on the elliptical.

when i first started the shred, i had trouble with the modified push-up's (i could barely get back up after doing one or two of them) & i had to break during each jumping jack/jump rope sequence because i was huffing & puffing so badly & my legs burned so much, i just couldn't keep up! & the bicycle crunches? no way, i just couldn't do them for more than a couple of seconds. i also used 5 pound weights the first day & was so sore, i made the 14th a rest day. on the 15th & the 16th, i didn't use weights at all (i was actually able to do all the moves & keep up with them) & since the 17th, i've used weights for the chest flies, dumbbell rows & some of the squat moves. i'm proud to say i can actually keep up with the modified push-up's, jumping jack/jump rope sequences & the bicycle crunches! it's amazing how strong i feel & i'm not even done with level 1!

in these photos, i'm not sucking in AT ALL. i'm literally letting it all hang out. i want the most accurate before/after photos i can possibly manage.

day1-8resize-1.png

day1-82resize-1.png

DAY1-8rightsideresize.png

if you're doing/have done the shred, i'd LOVE to see your results, too! before/after photos are so encouraging!

thanks for posting this! this exactly why I'm starting another round! i had great results with it the first time. not sure what it is about the combination of exercises that she's put together but it's awesome!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok....THIS has totally motivated me! I tried it a couple weeks ago but my legs were soooooo sore the dAy after...well the following THREE days after that I didn't go back! Pathetic I know after only day 1. I think I pushed myself too hard the first day. You guys totally motivated me again to give it another go! Thanks for that you all look FANTASTIC!
    [/quote

Just work through the pain. Even if you do the workout a little more slowly while you are in pain it is better than stopping. You can do this!
  • Cyncham
    Options
    I started on Day 1 yesterday. It wasn't too bad while I was actually doing it but by last night, I could already feel my body getting sore. And this morning, yes, it hurts to get off the toilet! haha But I'm not too sore not to do Day 2 today so I'm going to push myself & do it. Your pictures have motivated me so much! I'm going to really try to stick with it. Thank you for posting this!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I keep reading about this Shred workout. I think I need to do it with the rest of you!
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic results so quickly! I'm doing 30DS too, you should add me :flowerforyou:
  • Rands13
    Rands13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 8 as well! Kicking myself for not taking measurments before. Maybe do them before going to level 2. But closthes are fitting better so something is working!
  • dasein83
    Options
    Wowser! Such results so quickly! I got halfway through it last year and then life kicked in and I gave up. I know, I know...

Think I might have to get back into it now, though. It will be something good to do in the evening. Certainly better than trying to fight the snack cravings anyway.... :grumble:

I'm quite new on here, so if anyone wants to add me, please feel free! I'm looking for some people to talk with about trying to shift this stone. My friends and family just roll their eyes, which is hardly encouraging.
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Im going to dust my dvd off and start it again today.
  • izzzyw
    Options
    Hey, I've just started my 30 day shred today and I am definitely feeling the ache in my arms after the weights! I was wondering if any one has also changed their diet or calorie intake to go along with the workout or if you're eating the same but just using the workout to shape up?
  • Andyrun
    Andyrun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! This inspries me for sure. Thank you for sharing!
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    Amazing results!!
  • jennate2006
    jennate2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Should be getting mine in the mail today! Any suggestions on the weight of the hand weights I should buy? I do exercise everyday now with aerobics or 4-5 mile walk/jog. I dont have much upper body strength however. I want weights that will make this do able. Anyone "shredding" now have any suggestions? Thanks!
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would get 2 lb weights.
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    i got back on mfp on january 10th of this year & i've been closely monitoring my diet ever since. i try to keep my calories at 1200, & when i exercise, i make sure to eat most if not all of those calories back. with the shred, i typically burn just under 200 calories - it always feels like i'm burning waaay more with the amount i sweat, though! ; ) i've also completely eliminated soda, all fake sugar & mayonnaise from my diet. & i've cut way back on my cheese intake. so, along with the shred, i take 30 minute to an hour & a half long walks a few times a week, work out on the elliptical & i watch what i eat.
    Hey, I've just started my 30 day shred today and I am definitely feeling the ache in my arms after the weights! I was wondering if any one has also changed their diet or calorie intake to go along with the workout or if you're eating the same but just using the workout to shape up?
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4lb from 30ds but have lost inches which is way better!
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    i have 5lb dumbbells that i use, but they get tough about halfway through each exercise that requires weights, so i end up putting them down. even though i only use weights half the time, i can see definition in my arms & for the most part, they're hard as rocks when i flex. i can definitely tell my upper body is getting stronger (the fact that i can get through all the modified push-up's without a break is proof!). however, i'll probably end up buying some 3lb dumbbells for levels 2 & 3 so i don't feel like i'm cheating myself out of working out to my fullest potential. ; )
  • jculliso
    jculliso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is really awesome the results from the 30 day shred, i have ordered it, I am now really looking forward to getting it!
  • candi_is_dandi
    Options
    before i start on my last round of level 1 today, i'm going to look up some additional stretches i can do for my knees during the warm-up sequences with jillian. i don't have soreness in my knees (yet), but since about day 6, i've been feeling a lot of tension in my knees (especially my left knee!) while working out & i want to make sure i'm not going to injure myself as i continue the 30ds.
    Wow the photos are great! Well done everyone. I can really really notice the difference.

A bit of advice please :) I started the 30DS and got to level 2 day 5 when I had an arthritis flair up in my knee and obviously had to stop. This was 2 weeks ago. I am ok the past few days but just wanted to leave it an extra day or two. Anyway, I want to get back into it tonight. Is it ok to start back at level 2 day 5 or should I start from scratch again?

Some disaster!
  • Thank you so much for posting this! I have to loose weight and its so hard to get motivated without see results. This is so motivating!! I have done the 30 day shred for 2 weeks before but this time I'm sticking with it :)
    Congrats on your success, do you have any suggestions on diet?
    Im 168lbs and 5 ft 5 in and really would like to loose 30 lbs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!