My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My ginsu knives.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    hamilton-beach-hand-blender-59765-mdn9.jpg
    Immersion Blender= BEST THING EVER

Agreed. Mine's a KitchenAid. Makes soups, sauces, smoothies sooooo much easier than using a blender.

Me 3... best kitchen tool ever!! That and my coffee press :)
  • kae2one0
    kae2one0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have a regular GTC blender, and love it, but i'm going to get me one of those in the pic above..
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Vidalia onion chopper, I chop everything with ease, love it!! My Vitamix come in a very close second though.:happy:

THIS! I would die without my vidalie onion chopper. My Ninja smoothie maker is a close second though!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I can't chose only one:

1. Food scale
    2. Food processor
    3. Good knives
    4. Gas stove
    5. Dutch oven
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hurom Juicer.
    Vitamix blender.
    Excalibur Dehydrator.
    Omega food Processor.
    Kitchenaid immersion blender.
    Henckels knives.
    Good cutting board.

Mason jars...

Love my lemon juicer, and mango splitter as well.

It's hard to pick a favourite, I could go on...and on...and on...lol
    BUT, those are some of my absolute favourites that I'm not sure I want to live without. EVER.
    Cheers! Great topic!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    My Nuwave oven!!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Stand mixer!
  • cmadge3254
    cmadge3254 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My nutribullet! I love it! It has really amped up my nutrition. I eat fruits and veggies every morning
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I ditto the immersion blender. I love mine.

Not sure if this is a "gadget" but I also love my solid maple rolling pin. No handles or moving parts--just a 2 inch diameter rod of doom.

I also love my box grater/shredder, my slow cooker, my rice cooker with a steamer basket, my cast iron skillet (which sadly I can't use right now because the new house's stove is glass top---grrr...), a potato/veggie peeler, a whistling teapot.

I have a Stand mixer that gets a lot of use around the holidays. I need to get used to using it more for daily stuff though... and some cool attachments would be nice as well.

My fridge is awesome too. Lots of space, freezer on the bottom, ice maker in the freezer, nothing on the exterior of the doors (no filtered water/crushed ice thing), no french doors, lots of adjustable shelves and drawers inside, and super high efficiency/energy saving.

I also love my "french" whisks. They are harder to find in stores these days (at least good ones are hard to find... most in stores have handles that are too short), but my mom always had 2 or 3 and now I have 2 so far as well. They are springy and great for keeping things from sticking to the bottom of a pot (like gravy or a soup). They get right up next to the pot's edges and can be flush to the bottom of the pan as needed too. A college friend came to visit recently and she'd never seen a "french" whisk, but she fell in love too. Now she's on the hunt for one with a nice long handle---I suggest Amazon if you are interested.

I want a dehydrator and a deep freezer. Hubby wants a food saver/vacuum thingy.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options

Agreed!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! My Blendtec blender, my scale, measuring cups and Cutco Knives
  • BCinDenver
    BCinDenver Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    8" Henkel Chef Knife
    Dutch Oven
    Wok
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a gadget but I'm so glad I finally invested in a good cast iron skillet. I looove it and now I want one in every size. I've been a teflon queen until now but am surprised at how non sticky the cast iron is. Plus I can throw it in the oven.

I've been looking for a good chopper/blender/whatever (bought an Oster food processor and the thing was terrible) so I'm glad for the suggestions in here.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    vegetable steamer.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    mine would have to be my kenwood chef, with i'ts various attachments - minces meat and has a sausage making atachment.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

Agreed. Mine's a KitchenAid. Makes soups, sauces, smoothies sooooo much easier than using a blender.

Yep, I really love my immersion blender (mine's a Braun) and use it at least twice daily. Easier to deal with than a regular jug-style blender, and so much easier to clean than my food processor.

I love my Cuisinart food processor, too. Haha. Now I feel like I've been cheating on it with the hand blender!

I also love my cast iron skillet! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I use it for everything and will never, ever go back to nonstick pans.

I have a mandolin slicer, which is pretty cool...but very scary! Still, it's fun. Just gotta be paying very close attention so that you don't slice off a finger. :bigsmile:
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I bought a food scale at Walmart for 6 dollars. It has been very helpful in figuring out different serving sizes, etc
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love my mini food processor/chopper. It makes a batch of hummus super quick. I use it to dice up onions when I'm feeling lazy. It chops hot peppers so i don't get the oil on my hands (because I get paranoid about rubbing eyes, or wiping for that matter). It makes pico de gallo super fast. And it makes celery so fine I can hide it in the chili without complaints from the picky eaters in my family.
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    I've got quite a collection of gadgets!
    My favorite is my VitaMix!

2. Onion Chopper
    3. Spiralizer (only used it once so far, but it's awesome!)
    4. Individual blender for quick shakes