Bulking up Scrambled Eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• makieo
    makieo Posts: 16
    Options
    You could keep it exactly same and just drink a glass of skim milk with it. Add a different type of protein to your morning.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Spinach & ricotta! NOMZ!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast wrap for breakfast a couple times a week. It is 330 calories. Saute diced red and yellow bell pepper, red onion, diced mushrooms and 2 slices of diced turkey bacon until bacon is crispy, Scramble in one egg and sprinkle with 1/8 cup of shredded cheddar. wrap it in a soft taco sized flour tortilla.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I dump chia seeds on my breakfast all the time now. If you don't mind an extra slight crunch ( similar to a sesame seed) it is my favorite low cal way to keep fuller much longer. Also veggies or a glass of milk with a little protein powder.
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, oregano, and feta. Sooooo yummy!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bulk it up with some extra egg whites. I use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with 2.5oz chicken sausage, peppers, onions, low fat Feta and whatever else I can find in the refer. I sometimes use 1/2 a tortilla but I find the extra calories give me little food value so I'm trying to come up with a tortilla alternative. Pita maybe?
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    VEGGIES!!!! Or quiona... quiona makes everything more hearty!!
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    a snack between breakfast and lunch -- slice of cheese, yogurt, peanuts, granola bar, boiled egg..something light but with protein:smile:
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    smoked turkey and swiss. (try using 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites to cut the calories), but I found that adding deli smoked turkey diced up and diced swiss leaves me feeling really full.

Toss some butter in a pan, then cook a handful of spinach....squeezing out the water because it needs to be really dry. Add 2-3 tablespoons of cottage cheese. Then crack in 3 eggs and scramble in the pan. (or just add cottage cheese to your scrambled eggs and stir in).

You could just add cottage cheese. 2-3 tablespoons/3 eggs. Less is more, because if you add too much your eggs will be watery.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I like to to take a ziploc bag filled with celery, carrot sticks, broccoli, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. & snack on them mid-morning.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Slice up some smoked salmon and add it to your scrambled eggs, it's delicious!

Or else add in some grated cheese :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    more eggs or bacon. smoked salmon is nice too.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do whole grain toast, 1/2 avocado spread on toast, 2 eggs - scrambled with scallions, red pepers, spinach (whatever veggies I have on hand), and fresh tomato on top. Sometimes, I'll add a slice of cheese on top and broil it.

ETA: Just saw the post above and smoke salmon is a great addition to scrambled eggs. Delicious with a bit of cream chese on it after it's done!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I didn't check to see if this was mentioned, but I scramble my eggs with cottage cheese. It's very filling.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese!!! Or bacon, tomatoes, and avocado!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese!!!! I like to mix it in after the eggs are mostly cooked. It melts and makes them nice and creamy with lots of extra protein.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Spinach. FF feta cheese. Avocado on whole grain toast-get the kind of bread with extra fiber. Any kind of veggies that you liek-tomato, cauliflower, broccoli. Get you some fat and fiber to add staying power to the protein.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I would add as many veggies as you can/like. Some of my favorites are onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, & tomatoes. You can also add some ham or bacon (or bacon on the side) and even a little cheese. And last, but not least, you could try adding in some chia seeds.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I typically opt for a mid-morning snack. Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almonds, a piece of fruit or even sometimes a packet of oatmeal.

If you would rather just bulk up your eggs I'd suggest adding veggies, cheese and/or bacon for an omelet. If you're limited for time in the morning you could saute the veggies the night before or on the weekends and keep a bunch pre-cooked in the fridge for easy add-ins. You could also try putting your eggs on a high fiber multigrain english muffin, they're only ~100 calories.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like to load mine up with onions, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, salsa, etc. Also, instead of the toast I would have either potatoes or oatmeal.

This... bulk them up. I do 1 whole egg and 3 or 4 egg whites then add in all the veggies and some chicken, turkey, ham, whatever you have. I typically will try and skip the toast all together.