30 day shred

Options
just found it on you tube so giving it a go but! what do i put it down as in exercise?

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I logged it in as circuit training, general
  • alabamamommy
    Options
    I can't figure that out either.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Circuit training, general

ETA: I am about 8 days into Level 1 and I already see a difference in my endurance level. :smile:
    Some people don't like that she talks a lot, or that she repeats herself, but everything she says I need to hear over and over and over and over.... hahaha So I find it helpful.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I logged it as "circuit training" as well, but if you are able, use a Heart Rate Monitor to accurately measure your calorie burn. If a HRM is unavailable, and especially if you intend to eat back your exercise calories (but even if you don't), I'd recommend a conservative estimate of calories burned. You can probably go one one of these 30 Day Shred threads (there are a lot of 'em) and see what women your height and weight are burning.

(Example of importance of finding out calories you burn: The "circuit training" pre-set in the exercise database says I burn almost 400 calories in a workout. I'm actually closer to 200.)
  • mikkijane1
    mikkijane1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Same as everyone else has said- Circuit training, general.. BUT I highly recommend you get a good heart rate monitor. I love mine and always wear it when I do my Jillian Michaels DVDs. I find that MFP overestimates and sometimes underestimates the number of calories you are burning.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I also do circuit training, general. I don't think it adds enough to compensate the cardio aspects of it, but I would much rather be under than over when it come to logging my exercise.
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I am 5'1 and I use a HRM - yesterday I burned 225 calories in 27 minutes with Level 1 doing modified pushup and using 3 lb. weights.
    (Example of importance of finding out calories you burn: The "circuit training" pre-set in the exercise database says I burn almost 400 calories in a workout. I'm actually closer to 200.)
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    Today was my first day. I logged it as 6 minutes of vigorous jumping jacks for the 6 minutes of cardio, (even though it's not all jumping jacks, it's similar) and then 14 minutes of the general circuit training like suggested. I am looking into getting a heart rate monitor though.
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    thanks guys circuit training general it is!