CHOICE, CHANCE, or your life will never CHANGE!!!

Options
You must make a CHOICE, to take a CHANCE, or your life will never CHANGE!!!

So here is my story…Always a very athletic spunky individual, went through the loss of my mother in 2006 at the age of 22 with a brother in kindergarten and 4th grade….Dad needed lots of help and depression, anger, frustration all set in!!! When I felt most at ease, was when brothers were fed and in bed and dad was still out at work and sitting in front of the TV with a bag of chips and cookies, needless to say food became my comfort zone…The weight pilled on and pilled on and being only 5 foot tall was not a good situation..Going back and looking at the pictures of me at that time really makes me embarrassed that I ever let it get out of control to that level….In May of 2011 they were having open casting call interviews for the biggest loser in Houston, Texas….After talking it over with my family they told me why not try…So I made the decision that if I didn’t get onto the show, I was going to do it myself no matter what it took, because I was tired of being miserable, uncomfortable, and depressed with life as it was…The show reps advised that all contestants for the show would know by the end of June if they were chosen…

214-1_zpsa4d575bc.jpg
214_zps7ee5acca.jpg

End of June arrived and I received no phone call at all weighing in at 214 pounds at 5 feet tall…July 1st I changed from regular soda to diet since I would go through a 2 litter in a day on my own if not more…slowly I changed other things as well and by end of July I was able to control calorie intake and make smarter choices…August 2011 I joined a gym and started adding exercise into my day…By December of 2011 I was down to 165 and literally became a gym rat, but I loved it… At the gym 6 days a week, 1-2 times a day for at least 2 hours at a time!!! It became a hobby for me and a stress reducer as well…

IMG_3112_zpsd029bf33.png
IMG_3111_zps3d4d7708.png

April of 2011 I was near 150 pounds and got stuck for two months so my whole routine was changed to try and get over the very frustrating and aggravating hump I encountered…but I did it…

IMG_2259_zpsae1a9dbc.png

June of 2012 I got to 145 and stuck again….GRRRRRRRR :/

So here I stand today at 140 with at least 20 lbs to go….Hope to be at 120 by march of 2014 because I am getting married in august of 2014 and want to be where I want about 6 months before….What makes this journey even better is my fiancé has been here through my whole life changing decision and has been very supportive of the entirety of my journey and is so proud of my accomplishments….

IMG_1777_zps05e6a4b0.png

My journey continues and will for the rest of my life……YOUR MIND WILL QUIT 100 TIMES BEFORE YOUR BODY EVER DOES.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Replies

• jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look fantastic!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love how you made the decision to change your life whether or not you were chosen for the Biggest Loser. You really committed to that promise you made to yourself. You look amazing! Congrats on the upcoming wedding, you're going to make a beautiful bride. Thanks for sharing!
  • thisisgreatsmile
    thisisgreatsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting ... it reminds me that every single small change I make will make a difference :flowerforyou:
  • tlsupak
    Options
    yes maam....baby steps equals giant leaps....
  • Videogirl15
    Videogirl15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing...That;s a huge accomplishent...what struck me is that you said your mind quits 100 times before your body....I needed to hear that because I started having negative thoughts during my workout this morning. I have played so many games with myself over the years and just gave up when I started to do well....SABOTAGE! .....I'm so done with that! You are truly an inspiration...keep up the great work...You are beautiful!:happy:
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and your upcoming wedding! You look great!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good job keep up the good work
  • tlsupak
    Options
    yes ......never give up...our bodies are a lot more strong and can handle more then what we think they can or give them credit for....you got this
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Thanks for the pictures and seeing your progression. You are going to lose your 20. Your mind set is great. Congrats on your future marriage and having a man who supports you all the way. This is just awesome...!!!!
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I tried out for the biggest loser too, but obviously, I'm here instead of there. But, I'm making the change anyways! Congrats on your success and your upcoming wedding!!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow very nice. excellent dedication to a life style change. thanks for sharing. way to go. you look amazing.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and you look amazing!
  • tlsupak
    Options
    thanks to everyone...it takes time and dedication, most deffinatly....just keep going....trust me it is not worth giving up what has already been accomplished!!1
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow, what fantastic progress. Losing the weight has made you look so youthful! Do you still go to the gym twice a day?
  • tlsupak
    Options
    no i do not go twice a day any longer...I attend the gym or partake in some type of high intensity activity for at least an hour 6 times a week, rest day on sunday
  • tlsupak
    Options
    keep your heads held high and continue to strive...never throw your hands up and quit...
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, and being so inspiring! I too lost my mom at a young age, and turned to food. I'm so glad to see your success story. You look absolutely fantastic and I'm so happy for you!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    great job you spunky little munkey.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OMG you are gorgeous!
  • tlsupak
    Options
    Thank You So much!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!