Options

Replies

• dale24105
    Options
    Peanut Butter. :happy:
  • therayeraye
    therayeraye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I cut it small and saute it super quick with just a drop of soy sauce, red chili flakes and some toasted sesame seeds
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Ok, your mama never made you eat veggies? Celery is one of my favorites. I like to put cream cheese spread with green olives on mine if I want something fancy, but otherwise, I eat them plain, one string at a time. It makes them last longer. :D
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Avocado and hot sauce in my celery! Love it!!!
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm only JUST trying these foods now. I have never tried them before. I don't want to take a big bite of plain celery & turn me off from it all together. Trying to learn how to like these foods from scratch. If I kinda enjoy the taste this time around I have a better chance of reaching for celery other than something totally unhealthy the next time. Trying to ease myself into it.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't suffer through veggies that you don't enjoy by adding something that might negate the value of the veggie. I love celery, but you couldn't find anything to make me enjoy english peas.

If you don't like celery, all good. There is no agency that will track you down and slap your hand for not eating it.

That said, I love hummus and PB on my celery... but I dig it plain too.

^^^ This! :wink: I don't care how much cheese or pb you spread on Celery-- it's still yuck.
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just picked these up a few days ago and LOVE them on celery! And, they're only 40 calories per packet!

http://www.alouettecheese.com/products/portions/
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    cream and chive dip (low fat one of course!!)
  • kimberlyagerry
    Options
    You should try Almond Butter on your Celery. It is Delish!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese! Hummus! Mmmm, I'm getting hungry!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, yum!!

and raisins. Ants on a log rock :D

I've always hated raisins, so I put a few dried cranberries on -- "Ladybugs on a log"

dried cranberries are obviously not the healthiest, so use them sparingly!

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com

Cute, I like the idea, I'm going to have to give that one a go! :D
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Guacamole!
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If someone wrote this before, I apologize. But a little tip that has helped me to enjoy celery a lot more is to cut it and put it in a bowl of water before you eat it. It doesn't keep super long (I'd say max a week before it get's too mushy) so I usually take like half of the celery that I bought and store it in water in the fridge. It makes it much more fresh tasting and you don't have as many irritating strands :)
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a veggie eater, either. Though I will say my tastes have changed quite a bit and I will eat more things now than I would have 3-4 years ago - and enjoy them!

I find juicing to be really helpful. I know you lose out on the fiber, but you still get lots of nutrients. Juicing celery, kale, cucumber, and some apples is much more appealing to me than trying to just eat them all.

That said, a great way to add celery to your diet is by chopping it up and throwing it in chili or soup.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, yum!!

My daily snack! Yum!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Mayo-less tuna (avocado instead of mayo, with red onions)
    Salt.. to alleviate the salt and crunch craving..better than chips

I put celery in a lot of things though..
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeh. Nothing better than Cheez Whiz on celery but that made me fat and hypertensive, so I just use celery in soups, stews and stir fries now.
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat it with either peanut butter or Laughing Cow cheese wedges (flavored cream cheese)
  • steflbrown
    Options
    peanut butter or hummus are my go to for celery
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten veggies other than potato, carrots & turnip. I'm trying to try a new food every week to get used to eating different things. My question is, what can I eat celery with to make it enjoyable? I'm a really picky eater. The way I look at it is I would rather add some calories to celery than to opt out for something totally unhealthy & with way more empty calories.

My advice...find a vegetable that you find enjoyable rather than trying to force feed yourself something. I only use celery for cooking...I don't care for it otherwise and don't like it. I prefer things like broccoli, carrots, and I love my leafy greens.