What do you put on grilled chicken?

Options
eemott
eemott Posts: 46 Member
I just got a George Foreman and I'm throwing some chicken on it tonight. What are some ways to boost the taste with minimal calories (or sodium)?

Replies

• mjenne74
    mjenne74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I use a lower sodium Italian dressing. I marinade it in it for a few hours. :) I buy Mrs. Dash seasoning too. Or any low sodium marinade. :)
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle a little chipotle pepper on chicken breasts before grilling (be careful it's strong!)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i had this last night (grilled chicken cooked on the Foreman); I seasoned with black pepper, gr garlic and green pepper, and just a lil "Lawrys" and when done I sliced a cpl tomatoes and added just a lil' mayo with 2 slices of Aunt Millies light (35 cal a slice) whole grain bread--delicious!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash (sodium-free!), maybe some marinade. I have a bunch of spices I'll mix on, but the premade spice mixes are great.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Salt free lemon pepper.
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use garlic powder, onion powder & zesty fat free italian dressing. It is so good :)
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    If you decide to bake it, try this greek yogurt chicken, it's awesome!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/48061920994175638/

Italian dressing is a good marinade. I also like to eat my grilled chicken with honey mustard. I make my own mixing honey with spicy brown mustard(not a big fan of dijon)and a little greek yogurt to make it a little creamy.

Olive oil, lemon, garlic and black pepper is good too.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    tony chachere's Creole Seasoning or Grillmates. Salt and pepper. Sometimes nothing. Penzey's Foxpoint
  • Amyliz4472
    Amyliz4472 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    we like a combo of lime, low sodium soy, and fresh pressed garlic......and i always marinate
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like to top chicken breast with fresh salsa. I season the breast with salt and pepper before I cook it, and then put the salsa on after I cut it up. You can warm the salsa in the microwave for about 15 seconds if you don't want it cold on your chicken.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    various dry rubs. I usually make my own sodium free...just herbs and spices. It just depends on what flavor I'm looking for....sometimes an Italian herb rub...sometimes a spicy southwestern rub...just depends.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    chilli and garlic
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    salsa! its super yummy and very low cal :)
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    lemon pepper and garlic! Yum!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I wrap it in bacon, then surround it with 80/20 ground beef, then top with cheese and mayo
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    salsa! its super yummy and very low cal :)

DITTO
  • mrsflowers47
    mrsflowers47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash grilled seasons! Also take the juices from the foods you cook on the George Formand pour over the item you are cooking. It is like steam and it helps with the flavor of items. I love vegatable cooked on it. Also don't forget to use low fat sauces like salsa for extra flavor. Another good item to use is a light sprinkle of cheese. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    salt and garlic or hot sauce here.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Mustard
  • courtoomp
    Options
    Getting a good sear will lock in the flavor then lower it to cook through. If I do that I just do salt and pepper.

One of my favorites! is a dipping sauce: 0% greek yogurt + lime/lemon + sriracha (chili rooster sauce) + cilantro = delic! Add as much spice as you want. This is good on everything (turkey burgers, veggies, chip dip)

With the leftover chicken I make a chicken salad: 0% greek yogurt + apple cider vinegar + toasted almonds + raisons or no sugar added dry fruit + parsley. You can add a touch of mayo or oil if you want to add that unctuousness normal chicken salad has.