Anyone online.

Options
Hello anyone, I'm having real trouble sleeping here in UK it's 1am.
Just anyone online please drop me a message as I really can't seem to sleep and feel like discussing some new tips I could try out.
Cheers.

Replies

• MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am here. What do you want to discuss?
  • ChangeForGod
    Options
    I think she fell asleep!!!! LOL
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are you still online? Maybe you were finally able to get some sleep.:yawn: It is not that late here in the US:laugh:
  • SuperBowlVikings
    SuperBowlVikings Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry I went and made a cup of tea. Yeah it's 1:18 now and I'm wide awake. Anyone have good tips on helping you sleep at night?
    I wake up at 7:30 each day, exercise 4/5 times a week and usually never have the computer on past 11ish to help me relax but lately I've just laid there and laid there until 2/3 am some nights!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    The only thing I had to do to help me sleep, was program my body to know the bed means sleep. I don't have a tv in the bedroom, and I don't go lay down unless I intend to sleep. As such, nights that I really cant sleep are very few and far between, but they do still happen. I usually just lay there till I do fall asleep (usually much later at night). Then I will sleep extra good the next night (cause I am so exhausted).

Its all I got.
  • SuperBowlVikings
    SuperBowlVikings Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice, I have a TV/laptop in my bedroom but usually they are both switched off by 10pm. (I'm on now as I laid there for 2 hours wide awake) I'm not entirely sure where this irregular sleeping pattern has come from as up till 3 weeks ago I was fine for the past couple of months.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    I used to have an awful time with sleeping as well...what I found is to be sure there is NO light in your bedroom...I went out and got light blocking/darker curtains to close at night, and I got the night light out of my bathroom that would shine into my bedroom. I learned after trying EVERYthing, that some of us are extremely sensitive to light (even asleep!) so ever since I made those changes it has been sooo much better! Plus I got a sleep mask (a nice silky one that doesn't scratch or feel stiff on your face) for if I do wake up closer to morning but don't want to get up yet :) I added some nice lavender potpourri to some bowls also...Don't get me wrong, i do have some restless nights but nothing as bad as it used to be! Now i can wake, usually to pee:) then get right back to bed shortly! I hope that helps some, it's so awful to watch the clock move slowly at night! Rest well!416185.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I know when I am super stressed out I have a hard time sleeping. I tried melatonin and it works pretty good. You're a little groggy in the morning but groggy is a lot better than no sleep!
    Now I have been doing some yoga when I am stressed out.
    They also have yoga that you can do in your bed right before you go to sleep to help unwind and clear your mind.
    I hope you got some sleep.
    Steph