How to eat within allotted calories and feel satisfied

Options
13»

Replies

• pilarter
    Options
    I agree about protein and fiber, in fact I had the same problem and I followed this piece of advice and worked our perfect for me! But when I am very hungry and I don´t want to eat a lot of calories, or next main meal is still far, try banana and a glass of skimmed mik. A small banana, or even half a big one will do the trick, you will feel full for hours.
    My diary is locked, but I will unlock it so you can check a few high protein recipes I made up some time ago when I was on Dukan diet.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    One word CELERY. I chop it up into most of my recipes. The flavor isn't too strong and it adds alot of fiber and volume to my meals with very little calories.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have found munching on celery, carrots, broccoli, or apples (the fruits and veggies that take a while to chew) help me feel fuller. And they don't have as many calories to them.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Chug a load of water when your eating something even, the smallest of snacks - it can make your stomach feel bloated and fuller faster - works for me when i feel hungry after eating my evening meal! :drinker:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Adding veggies makes your plate fuller, makes your stomach fuller, your nutrients go up (if you choose good ones!) and your caloreis stay low. My food is always laced heavily with veggies. It's probalby why I can't reach my caloires so often and why I can't seem to eat enough. I'll opt for the carrot or apple over anything else. If you get creative with them they can subsitute for anything.

Bake kale with a little oil until crispy, salt it. viola chips! I do this with potatoes too. viola healthy potato chips! or put salt on celery.

fresh pineapple can curb any sweet tooth and its' filling!

slice up an apple, sprinkle cinnamon on it and microwave.. it's like apple pie. yum!

Water! You might be confusing thrist for hunger.. that's very common!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    More protein, more fat, more fiber. Fewer carbs.

And more veggies.

You can have a filling, delicious meal for under 400 calories with a piece of lean meat and a whole lot of veggies.

Yup
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I find that if I emphasize protein and fiber I seem to stay better satiated.

Also, you may want to get a second opinion on your calorie intake. Find your TDEE and go from there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Okay, I have read the link that you provided and I have looked at the external sites to calculate my TDEE. I get most of it and I can see now that MFP does not include EAT in the calculation so I need to eat my exercise calories back. However, I really get confused when it starts talking about setting the percentages for protein/fat/carbs, etc. yourself.

If I continue to follow the MFP calculation, I can eat back my calories? Would I still obtain the same results that I would if I manually calculated everything and set the goals myself?