400 Calorie Fix

Options
Has anybody tried the 400 calorie fix book? A friend told me about it today and I was wondering if anybody has had success with it.

Replies

• brookekedd
    brookekedd Posts: 14
    Options
    I heard about it on "The. Dr.'s" today. I would like to know if anyone has tried it as well.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I heard it provides 400 calorie recipes--that is 3 of their recipes per day, on the 1200 calorie -a-day plan. That is what I read when I pulled up their site (when they had a blinking ad in my food page).
    Edit-edit-edit:
    I just read the syopsis of "The Doctor's Show" and it is 4, repeat 4, 400-calorie meals per day. It also gives tips on how to stick to this plan at fast-food restaurants, etc. I may even get this book. :drinker:
  • FIREfitGrl27
    FIREfitGrl27 Posts: 199
    Options
    This is interesting. I will have to check this out. I hate that I missed The Doctor's Show today :/
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    Going to Borders today to take a look at the book. It would be nice to have some meal ideas - it is still calorie counting just seems like it might make the process easier. They also give you 400 calorie meal ideas for dining out. That would be great because some things that you think would be low calorie like salads can actually have more then regular entrees. If I buy the book I will post what I think about the meals.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard anything of this, so I look forward to your findings!
  • blondeambition
    Options
    I bought the book and I like it. I am not following the "plan" necessarily but LOVE that it gives you very specific meal ideas especially for dining out. There are alot of great recipes.
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    I was unable to buy the book today at my local bookstore. They claimed that is doesn't come out until December which seems strange since people already own it. I guess I am going to have to order online. I might try the Hungry Girl cookbook instead and just stick with the idea of 400 calorie meals that fit within my calories.