Does any one know an easy 1100 calorie a day diet?

Options
Hi, I am really wanting to loose 10 pounds. I need help. I have terrible eating habits. The problem is I love eating...does any one have a diet menu that is SIMPLE and thats satisfying? Help!

Replies

• chezileigh
    Options
    I think most people on here would say 1100 calories isn't enough, and I wouldn't have thought that would help in changing your eating habits, meaning that you will be hungry the whole time you're dieting, and the second you stop you might eat even more and end up weighing more than when you started. I think the lowest people on here eat is usually 1200.

If your eating habits are really bad you might find the changes last longer if you eat more calories and the weight loss will definitely last longer if you lose it nice and slow?
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Eating 1100 calories a day won't make you lose 10 pounds just like that. There are so many other topics about TDEE and calories in vs. calories out that I think you'd benefit from. You should definitely browse the forums there is a lot of good information out there!

I do however have a modified Atkins diet menu that I have been following, if you want a solid plan to follow. I know it helps me sometimes to have a solid list of foods I can and can't eat. Message me if you want that menu.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Don't do an 1100 Calorie diet. It's too few.

It's only 10 pounds. Even losing it slowly, at 1/2 a pound a week, will take less than six months. And you'd not even notice the 250 Calorie deficit needed to achieve it. Especially if you add a couple workouts a week to your routine.

It'll be healthier and more sustainable.

But you aren't going to listen to that. Because, like all of us, you're impatient and want results now.
  • babycrisci
    Options
    Best thing to do if you are trying to lose that last bit is eating clean and doing slow form cardio. Slow cardio, heart rate around 135-140, is going to be your best friend because you will burn a higher percent of fat without breaking down your muscle. If you do high intensity cardio you are burning fat AND muscle, but it is great for endurance. So it really depends on what you need...functional muscle or pretty muscle.

In terms of diet. This is what worked for me when i was cutting. (I lost 4% body fat in a month and was at 15%body fat total.)
    My body weight in grams of lean protein.
    Half my body weight in grams of complex carbs
    A Third my body weight in grams of fat (healthy fat)

This will get you to the amount of calories you need to be eating to lose weight. Don't worry about counting calories really...it's more the breakdown of them that is more important.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have stuck by that calorie range for the last 8 weeks and have lost a stone.

My usual good day:

Breakfast: 1 weetabix with 200 ml skimmed milk (145 cal) or Two peices of small bread (56 cal each with 1 tbs honey)- 160 cal

Snack: peice of low cal fruit (tangarine, cherries, strawberrys NOT bannana) (50 cal)

Lunch: Soup (no bread- if so then small pitta) (150 cal) Snack bar i.e. special K bar (80/90 cal)

Snack: Usually something quite sugary as I crave it around now so maybe yogurt cranberrys (measured) (100 cal)

Dinner : Prawns/Chicken/White fish no batter/Salmon/weight watcher meal (NO RED MEAT) with noodles/stirfry/spinach/new potatoes/baked potatoe/ measured pasta/ with home made tomatoe based sauces (300 cal usually)

Desert: weightwatchers pudding (160 cal) / 1x marangue nest with strawberrys/rasberrys (70 cal)

I stick to under 500 before dinner, which allows me 600 for dinner and dessert :) (religiously) but then if i go over at lunch then ill have a healthier dinner
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I meet regularly with a dietician who says I should never eat fewer than 1200.
  • deniseis
    deniseis Posts: 13
    Options
    You are probably right! Thanks...Ive updated it and going to try and stay at about 1210 calarioes a day with 3 times a week excerciese!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    8AM – 2/3 cup FiberOne cereal (60) 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (20) – 80 calories
    10AM – 6oz Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt – 60 calories
    12 noon – 2 slices 40 cal bread (80) and 1 ounce turkey (or ham) (30) condiments or veggies to equal up to – 150 calories
    2 pm - veggies or fruit as much as you can get for -100 calories Depending on what you pick this could be a good bit of food
    4pm – Lite Cheese Stick 50 calories
    6pm – (2 grilled chicken Caesar Wraps) 2 light FlatOut wraps (180), 6 oz grilled chicken breast (210), half a bag of Dole Lite Caesar Kit (135) – 515 calories
    8pm – ½ PINT! Arctic Zero vanilla icecream (75) Walden Farms Caramel Sauce (0 I don’t know how they do it) ½ a FiberOne brownie (crumbled up on top) (45) – 115 calories

That is a 1070 day with dessert
  • deniseis
    Options
    What does slow cardio mean? I have heard that the best way to burn fat is interval? What does every one find works? And what machine? I also heard that if you dont do more than 30 mins dont bother. That your body doesnt start burning fat until after 30 mins - is that true??
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You definitely shouldn't eat 1100 calories per day, 1200 is the minimum you are advised to eat.
    Also, my best advice on what foods to eat is to start experimenting with new, healthy foods and see which ones you enjoy, then incorporate it into your diet. Just log everything you eat from here and soon you will find yourself not wanting to eat high calorie foods because it will screw with your day and you will find replacements that you enjoy eating.
  • mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Start at least with 1200. 1100 is too low.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Start at least with 1200. 1100 is too low.

1200 is too low too. Probably about 1600
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    What does slow cardio mean? I have heard that the best way to burn fat is interval? What does every one find works? And what machine? I also heard that if you dont do more than 30 mins dont bother. That your body doesnt start burning fat until after 30 mins - is that true??

Not true about the 30 minutes, I have heard 20 minutes but also had great success with 20 minute work outs before I moved on to the 45 minute workouts I do now. I have seen MORE success from working out for longer but you have to treat it like learning to walk as in you start out small to build yourself up to the big stuff.
    If you throw yourself straight into 60 minutes of circuit training per day you will burn out if you don't have the fitness level to accommodate for that, which few do straight away and you need to build up your stamina and muscles to be able to cope with it or you will just injure yourself.

My advice if you are going to the gym is to do 5-10 minutes on each machine and find out which ones you like best, then make yourself a little workout routine up that you will follow every time you go. Again, start simple and low so you don't over do it.
    If you want to do it at home, there are plenty of brilliant workout DVDs for circuit training, cardio, etc. or you could consider starting running every day/every other day and first just do 20 minutes, then after 2-3 weeks up to 30, etc.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Why 1100 calories a day? How did you come to that number?
    The last 10 pounds are usually the hardest to lose. I would suggest doing so with a moderate deficit over a longer period of time, rather that going on a crash diet and gaining it all back afterwards.
  • Rachrealtor
    Options
    You will kill your metabolism. I was on a 800 calorie diet for months and didn't drop a pound and I was exercising like mad. I hired a trainer, he put me on a 1600 calorie diet and told me to cut my work outs from double days to once a day and I dropped weight like it was nothing.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Can't
    Offer
    Coherent
    Advice
    I
    Need
    Everyone's help
  • deniseis
    Options
    Years ago I did the Dr Berstein diet. It was a 900 calorie a day diet and it was the only time I really lost weight. That was about 5 years ago and I only gained back about 5-10 pounds. So I thought 1100 was generous.
  • countladybee
    Options
    1100 calories isn't too little for some people. I've talked to dieticians also who say depending on your height and current weight and your own personal metabolism, 1100 is reasonable. Although it's not really advised for people who generally eat more than 2000+ because for starters, you'll feel like you're starving and won't probably stick to it
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1100 calories isn't too little for some people. I've talked to dieticians also who say depending on your height and current weight and your own personal metabolism, 1100 is reasonable. Although it's not really advised for people who generally eat more than 2000+ because for starters, you'll feel like you're starving and won't probably stick to it

Your first post and you resurrect a topic that is over a year old ??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!