30 Day Squat Challange

Options

Replies

• beatricejasper
    Options
    Not sure if I can make it through the 30 days but I'm willing. Are all squats at one time or broken into reps?
  • beatricejasper
    Options
    Just did the 1st day. wow! thighs are already talkin to me. Let you know how it goes.:happy:
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Did you make up this number per day, or is it a program floating around?

I found it on-line, and it looked challenging enough so I Decided to try. I created a group "30 Day Squat Challenge" if you want to join :)
  • lexie_hamil
    Options
    I'll have a go! I need the squats anyway! :) x
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll start tonight
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Starting my first round tonight. Found this, thought we may find it useful...

To calculate the amount of calories you burn while doing squats without additional weights, multiply your weight by .096. Take the answer and multiply it by the amount of minutes you perform the exercise. For instance, if you weigh 160 lbs. and you take 15 minutes to complete your squats, you will burn approximately 230 calories.
    From Livestrong
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be better to do them every other day so you muscles have some time to rest?

Also, form is important. Make sure that when you perform a squat that your thighs go parallel to the floor (don't be afraid to go down) and that your feet are about shoulder length apart.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Done mine :bigsmile:
  • Angeloftheshore
    Options
    First 50 done ;) with a 5lb weight doing dumbbell swings.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Um. if you want to make a difference in your bootie you need to to do low squats (hips parallel to or below knees) with actual weight.

Start with an empty Oly bar - 45 lbs. and work up, adding 5# each day, 5 sets of 5 reps 3 days/week.
  • nbulger
    Options
    This is a challenge that came at a really good time for me, so thanks for posting it!
    I did the first 50 today, just with my own body weight. I did it in sets of 10 with a little walking around between each set. I just want to firm up everything and not get too bulky. I have no bar unless I go to the far away gym, I do have some 1lb, 2lb and 4lb dumbbels at home can I hold them out in front of me instead?
  • bamboostar
    bamboostar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is a fun little challenge. I did mine tonight and look forward to doing 55 tomorrow!
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done :) did them all in a row with 5lb weights
    my legs are feeling it haha
  • Angeloftheshore
    Options
    Um. if you want to make a difference in your bootie you need to to do low squats (hips parallel to or below knees) with actual weight.

Start with an empty Oly bar - 45 lbs. and work up, adding 5# each day, 5 sets of 5 reps 3 days/week.

Need to buy more equipment. All I have available is 5lb dumbbell. Any is better than none though, with or without weights. I will check into Oly bars though, could get a lot of use out of one. Thanks for the tip ;)
  • Angeloftheshore
    Options
    Day 2 - 55 Squats W/5 Lb Dumbbell - Pile Squats...done
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    First day shall be today!!

~Brenda
  • gmtaylor07
    gmtaylor07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm down!
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ill Join... Lets get it!!
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll have to give this a try... My thighs and booty need the extra!
  • Nessie_333
    Options
    I'm starting immediately! What a great idea! You are a star! :):):)