Needing something new? A next step?

Options
I'm struggling here. I've lost about 9 lbs, out of my goal of 35. And I'm slowly creeping back up. I think today I officially weigh more than my husband. In my recent past Ive been down as low as 181, and today I'm 187. I've been as high as 197, so that's good. I'm just wondering about trying something new, a new plan or something to kick me back into gear. I understand that this is a lifestyle change, but I'm not so sure how to go about doing that. I"m not sure how to stop emotional eating or just not wanting to think about it and eating what's there. Any thoughts to help a gal out?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    losing 9lbs is awesome!!! knowing you lost means knowing you can lose more!! you have a grasp of what you need to do to shift the flab, you just need to crank it up a bit!!!

go about it one day at a time! trial and error and see what works best for your both food and exercise wise!!

what have you been doing to lose 9lbs?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long you are going between weight changes and considering things a success or failure, but weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you'll be down, some weeks you'll be up, some weeks you'll be even despite "doing everything right". This is a long, slow process... make sure your expectations are in check.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose some weight seriously since october, so the nine pounds is from the end of October. I've been dabbling in weight loss since my first son was born, 6 years ago! Never got back to where I was happy and then I got pregnant with #2 son. Now I'm almost up to what I was when I came home from the hospital after I had umber two son. He's 4....... I know it took a while to put it on, but I feel like I'm always going the wrong way.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so no specific help, but weight loss is all about diet... not really any way around that. If you're gaining, you need to find a way to eat less (or exercise more, but that's really only band-aiding the problem, not fixing it).
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP is a great start... But you need to really use it. Take advantage of the calorie tracking and be diligent about tracking all of your calories. That will help you to see how much you are bringing in. Then, set a goal of 1 lb or 2 lbs per week and try to keep your diet in line with hitting that goal. If you can add in exercise, you'll be even better off. It will add in calories that you can use each day, and it will help you add muscle which will help your metabolism burn even more calories when you're just doing nothing!

Remember that muscle is about three times heavier than fat, so if you're building muscle while you're losing fat, your weight could even go up. But it's OK, because overall you will be building a healthier you. It doesn't happen in a day, but it does happen one day at a time. Just get on track and stick with it... One day at a time. You can do it!! :-)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so no specific help, but weight loss is all about diet... not really any way around that. If you're gaining, you need to find a way to eat less (or exercise more, but that's really only band-aiding the problem, not fixing it).

It is difficult to make suggestions without knowing what your food and exercise habits are.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'll open my diary up if you think it will help, consider it open.....