Baggy clothes..anyone else?

Options
Wasn't sure where to post this but decided it is a success... I look frumpy all the time b/c my clothes are getting baggy on me!! :-) I hate to buy new clothes till I'm closer to my goal so am going to hold off. My 13 year old told me this morning he'd punch a new hole in my belt for me tonight to get me by, what a sweetie! So i guess in the meantime I'll look frumpy and know it's all part of my success story!

Replies

• Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to sport the hobo look. Its a badge of honor.
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:

I can so relate to this too. LOL I broke down a couple months back and bought 3 new pair of pants for work and they're all big and baggy on me now. So close to goal - I'm waiting for new clothes.

PS. Can I send my belt to you? It needs another hole too. :smile:
  • susieq19
    susieq19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting up the thrift stores and consignment stores. I don't feel too bad about buying clothes I hope to only wear for a few months if I don't pay much for them. Also, if you only wear them for a little while, you can probably sell them and make your money back from your original purchase. :-)
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been frequenting the second hand stores. That way I can still dress nice without killing the bank account. Great job on the baggy clothes!
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been buying "interstitial" clothes at the charity shops! The only thing that I've been buying new and smaller while I'm in-between has been underwear!

:smile:
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am a thrift store/clearance rack shopper myself. If you have a goodwill in your area, they have a 50% off clothes day. Here it is Monday. I have gone down 3 sizes so far..... you deserve to get some new clothes... even if they are gently used! I still have some baggy clothes out, but I find that I really enjoy showing off my figure!
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    if it really bugs you, Goodwill is the place to be. You can look reasonably well put together on very little money.
  • j2r1
    j2r1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with this too. I found I needed to go down a pants size every 15 lbs. I ended up going to Target and finding some that looked nice but weren't expensive and just bought one pair and wore them all the time so I wasn't out much money. You'll look better and feel better if you have at least pants that fit.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll have to see if I can get some work pants at a used clothing store. That's a great idea, thanks!
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am in the same baggy clothes boat. I picked up a couple of things from a second-hand shop for work but, am not buying new clothes till I hit my goal!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are a good bridge :) and the clothes are pretty decent depending on where you go!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    In addition to the thrift stores everyone else has posted about, my newest love is Marshall's. Their clearance is killer. 3 pairs of really nice slacks for $10-15 each. Thrift stores aren't scarce, they are just a pain for me to get to, whereas Marshall's is near the Target and shoe store I frequent :-)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I got sick of the big frumpy clothes that I shrunk out of. So I found some good clothes deals and bought some to tide me over for awhile. I've worked too hard not to show off these lumps!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Doesn't it feel great!

All my jeans are too baggy on me now - I didn't have much weight to lose above the waist, so thankfully I won't have to buy new shirts. I bought myself one new pair of jeans, and I'm going to attempt to tailor the rest of them when I visit my mom this summer. In the meantime... I've been wearing a lot of leggings! :)
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well I had a success today, I tried on all my jeans today and kept the smaller size, the ones that fitted, and put the baggier ones to one side ready to give to a charity shop.

Anyway, there is an awfully snotty Mum on the school run who snorted down her nose at me and said "Wow, you have lost weight, you were really big before!" so I replied "Yes I know, I have loads of jeans that are far too big for me now... Do you want them?"

A bit mean I know, but she deserved it!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!! I just ordered one pair of levis online to get me thru. I have nothing that fitsd me anymore, great isn't it?
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! I feel like I live in my work out clothes they are about all i have that fit and they are so comfy!

Keep up the awesome work:smile:
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well I had a success today, I tried on all my jeans today and kept the smaller size, the ones that fitted, and put the baggier ones to one side ready to give to a charity shop.

Anyway, there is an awfully snotty Mum on the school run who snorted down her nose at me and said "Wow, you have lost weight, you were really big before!" so I replied "Yes I know, I have loads of jeans that are far too big for me now... Do you want them?"

Love it!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i take a lot of my clothes in using a long stitch on my machine in case i need to let it out again someday
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Good for you!!!! I hope that shut her up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!