OMGirl Scout Cookies!

Options

Replies

• EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up. Thin Mints & Trefoils. I'm salivating just writing about them. If I had them I'd finish each box in one sitting. Can't have just one cookie!
    My solution--I donated money for 2 boxes to the Girl Scouts that were selling them in front of the pet store.
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    As a Brit can someone explain this to me. Do they make them themselves from the same recipes. I presume they sell them for funds or is it for charity.

The Girl Scout organization uses the cookie sales to help fund their operations. The cookies are made by licensed bakeries, where the original recipes came from I am not sure. The cookies are sold in Girl Scout branded packaging and are only available when they have their annual sale.

My favorite are the Samoas, I can eat a box of them no problem.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thin mints....

My not to much guilt treat is : chocolate pudding made with skim milk + 1 crushed up thin mint...makes the cooke last a while...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Eh, they are too expensive and not worth it. I can make better cookies at home.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Samoas! I ate a box yesterday.....it happens. Have been spot on today to make up for it :)
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Before I got back on the weight loss train about a week ago I was on the look out for them everywhere! couldn't find them. Now that I am back on a healthy track they show up in front of the local grocery store. Proud to say I walked right by without buying any, mostly because I didn't have cash or my checkbook but still glad I didn't buy any! BTW I love trefoils, dosidos, samoas and tagalongs.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Okay, suppose you did eat an entire box of Thin Mints. Along with a large glass (16 ounces) of milk--whole milk, because why bother with low-fat when you're eating an entire box of Girl Scout cookies? For the whole thing, milk included:

1580 calories
    72g fat (50g saturated)
    32g protein
    70mg cholesterol
    1130mg sodium
    200g carbs
    8g fiber
    112g sugar
    12% vitamin A
    4% vitamin C
    60% calcium
    48% iron

IIFYM!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Thin mints. Inhaled a couple last night. Wanted more.

You can't just eat onnnnnnne. T_T
  • kellensdad
    kellensdad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Samoas 2 cookies = 160 calories
    Thin Mints 4 cookies = 140 calories

What to do...what to do...dang wife bought 7 boxes.
  • denisetatum
    Options
    Thin Mints and Samoas. So far have been able to walk by and not break down and buy some.
  • NeewMee
    NeewMee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have often said the reason so many people break 'resolutions' is because we haven't learned to have one or two cookies. We fall down and give up. I could easily eat a box of thin mints too. And I am in the beginning stages of turning my whole life around. I won't say I won't ever have another GS cookie but I won't be bringing them into the house this year. The temptation is too great. So far I am doing well just staying on track despite the goodies my husband sometimes brings into the house. I mean I talk myself out of eating bananas all the time because they are so starchy, lol. I can't imagine the battle in my head from having those cookies at my finger tips.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I will eat the HECK out of some Lemonades... for reals

also, peanut butter...

good golly gee... the things I would do to those cookies...
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    the caramel delights!! Same cookie as yours, just a different name!!
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any yet this year, but my favorites are the Lemonades, yum! They're cute and yummy :smile: And the Peanut Butter Patties too, yummmm!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints, although I haven't had any in years.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's OKAY to have one serving every now and then of your favorite cookie and work it into your calories.
    Moderation and self control.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It's OKAY to have one serving every now and then of your favorite cookie and work it into your calories.
    Moderation and self control.

By self control you mean just having one box of Thin Mints, as opposed to two boxes, correct?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any yet this year, but my favorites are the Lemonades, yum! They're cute and yummy :smile: And the Peanut Butter Patties too, yummmm!

Kindred Spirits... mmmmm

I want some cookies and I want them now!!!
  • berrymuffins89
    berrymuffins89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get some Samoas and Tagalongs. Luckily, my max cookie limit in the past was a row. I think I can stick to a cookie a day.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I bought some for occasional treats for me and the kids.

Thin minds, Treffoils and samoas