Anyone wanna do a goal oriented month of June??

Options
I've set a goal for myself to do 1800 minutes of exercise in the month of June. That works out to be 60 mins of exercise every day. Or if you choose to do it differently, 120 mins every other day or 90 a day for 20 days... How ever you wish to break it down!

I'm setting my goal for everyday, because I have a habit of skipping exercise Friday through Sunday and only getting it in Monday through Thursday... I want to do more.

If anyone is interested in joining me, feel free. We can check in each day just to see where we all stand.

~Connie

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Sounds good!
    My goal: 1200 minutes of exercise for the month of June.
    I want to work out for at least an hour, 5 days of the week. :)

This is my first group, and I'm excited!
  • irish077
    irish077 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just joined last night and Im ready to set a goal for JUNE! 60 mins/6 days a week.
    Curious to see how much comes off??????????????
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE this. I'd like to set a running goal for myself instead though-run a complete 2 miles by the end of June. I'm in a 'challenge' with some friends to do a 5K in the fall. I can run a complete mile and then walk a bit and run the second mile-but I'm not quite able to do them without that walk between. So Running three to four times a week would be my goal so I can push my running up to 2 miles straight.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Im currently revising for exams, so cannot spend too much time exercising
    but my goal is try and fit in at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, apart from saturday as i am on my feet all day working in a bakery then.
    tonight i have a spinning class for an hour, so at least todays sorted!
    good luck with your goals everyone else :)
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    June goal for me is to be able to run 5 miles without stopping by the end of June....Im up to 4 but suckin air by the end of 4....good luck everyone!
  • Mojo73
    Mojo73 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined last night and Im ready to set a goal for JUNE! 60 mins/6 days a week.
    Curious to see how much comes off??????????????

I just joined last night too i figured it was time for a change

No matter how hard it is i am going to do 60 minutes per day for june and also see what happens i may even break it up to thirthy minutes in the morning and thirty in the evening.

well good luck to all
  • mreast
    mreast Posts: 1
    Options
    Am so lazy sometimes that I can't even get to the gym. Will try to do this with you ladies to get motivated. I'm pretty active when I want to but I can't seem to get started this year. Am a nurse and have to be at work at 5:00 am. Some days I just go home at 2:00 and can't seem to move. Did so much exercise this past memorial day weekend and sort of watched what I ate and came home and gained weight. Am so frustrated!!!
  • Laboedie
    Laboedie Posts: 1
    Options
    Your on. I need someone to push me into more:-))))))
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    Alright...I'm in. My goal is to do 1,000 minutes of exercise for the month of June. I'm only in week 3 of dieting/exercising and so this is a comfortable goal for my first "goal group"! This will force me to get out my exercise DVD's on those days that it's raining and I talk myself out of going on the morning walks.
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    I need to increase my activity, so I'm in. Not sure I want to go from 0 to 60, but I will commit to 30/day 5-6 days. Much of my down time is spent with a handicapped mother-in-law. Need to find some exercises I can do while sitting with her!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I'm on board....I will as well attempt 1800 minutes of working out for the month of June...can't say i'll do an hour a day because 1 or 2 days i have other obligations but I will make up and do an extra 30 minutes on another day of the week.....I'm on board with you.....how do you check in daily on just the goal that you make.
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A really great tracker can be found at http://www.tickerfactory.com to manage all sorts of goals you want - I already use it to track my exercise minutes and find it easy to update because I copy the update page link to my browser bookmarks, so you might want to check it out.

NikiColeman - perhaps look at the C25k app for iPhone - it's fantastic for getting you up and going. There is also a thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89783-starting-couch-to-5k-today-who-s-in Perhaps you might also want to check out the Couch to 5K website http://www.c25k.com/ if you don't have an iPhone.

Good luck with achieving your goals everyone.

Kind Regards,

Joy.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Joy-The group I'm doing this running challenge with is doing the Couch to 5K program. Because I can run quite a bit longer than that to being with, I'm going to use the same principles to keep it going. Now that I'm able to run 1 mile, I'm just going to run a little more each time so that I can build it without killing myself :) I used to be a very great runner (as a soccer player) and so I want those days back! --hopefully in time for my sons to be running around with me!!! :) Thanks for the help with the info though-I'm very very excited to get back my old 'running' self!! :)
    -Niki
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join, my twin sons just graduated from high school so my mornings should be free before work, I will committ to 60 minutes a day 6 days a week. I have not been able to lose in the last 5 weeks , so hopefully this will kick start me into losing again.....
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Count me in!!!! :glasses:
  • kcdrake
    Options
    A really great tracker can be found at http://www.tickerfactory.com to manage all sorts of goals you want - I already use it to track my exercise minutes and find it easy to update because I copy the update page link to my browser bookmarks, so you might want to check it out.

Thank you for this! I just created one :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am trying for 1140 minutes.

thanks for posting the ticker. i wish you all luck.

i am also on my way out to do my first 30 minutes. and on my way out i am going to throw in the garbage half a chocolate ckae and half a bag of chips! i don't need this crap near me!!!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Day one down, 60 minutes in, had to break it into three sessions, but whatever works.....
  • kcdrake
    Options
    Wasn't able to get a workout in yesterday, but I just did 35 minutes today!
    Not sure if I'll be able to fit another actual workout in today.

I know I walk around campus and move around for more than 25 minutes today, but I only like counting "real" workouts.
    Until next week Tuesdays and Wednesdays are full of school and work. I leave around 10 and don't get back till 10.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I am going to try...no not try...I am GOING to do 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week plus weights for about 20-30 mins 4 days a week. That is just at the gym, usually I will do a yoga/pilates session at home for about 30 mins, and normally when I am watching tv I feel lazy so I pump my little 5lb weights for a while and do planks during the commercials. But that is just extra stuff, I only count what I do at the gym. So....yesterday I did 30 mins of cardio but no weights (I go to gym during lunch break and needed to go to grocery store also).